Dr. Roy Fujitani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 11th, 2016
Great surgeon
When every other surgeon I saw said I needed a below the knee amputation, Dr Fujitani offered me hope and saved my leg. I am walking with both legs today thanks to his great skill and compassionate care. I cannot ever thank him enough!

February 29th, 2016
He will be doing My husbands Vascular Surgery today..I am very pleased with the Dr..He is very thourough and explains where we could understand...Thank You...

October 12th, 2015
Best Vascular Surgeon
Dr Fujitani has saved my husband's leg and we cannot thank him enough for everything he has done for our family. Before coming to Dr Fujitani, my husband had a failed bypass by a Vascular Surgeon at St Joseph Hospital. That doctor was unable to perform a bypass on my husband and completely gave up and told us the next step was amputation of the leg. We were devastated by the news. Dr Fujitani was able to save my husband's leg and have given us hope for the future. Thank you so much Dr. Fujitani! Because Dr Fujitani is such a good doctor, there may be some wait time to get on his calendar. The wait is worth it. Not only is Dr Fujitani fantastic, but so is his staff and nurses. They have always kept us updated on surgery dates and follow up visits and is always available to address any concerns or questions we have.

October 1st, 2014
The nicest, skillful surgeon
I was referred to Dr. Fujitani when so many other surgeons had turned me down for care since I have so many other issues that they told me that I was "too high risk" for any treatment. I found Dr. Fujitani to be the nicest and most caring doctor with a great bedside manner. Not only that but he was able to really help me with my circulation problems so that I am so much better than I was before referred to him. I credit him for saving my legs and probably my life. He even calls me to check up on me! Who does that nowadays? I am so, so , so thankful to have him as my doctor.

November 23rd, 2012
Fantastic and caring doctor
Dr. Fujitani put me at ease right away with his very caring and kind personality. He was very thorough in his explanation of my circulation problem. He even drew a picture so that I could better understand my problem and how he proposed to treat it. He answered every question I had with seeming rushed and made me feel so comforted. My surgery went very smoothly and everyone on his team was so nice in caring for me. I wish all doctors were like Dr. Fujitani!

April 26th, 2012
A life saver with a kind heart
We are so impressed by Dr. Fujitani and his entire team of doctors, nurses and support personnel! Our mother was transferred to UC Irvine after suffering a ruptured aneurysm. The team went to work immediately and saved her life! Even in the most stressful situation, he took the time to clearly communicate to us his plans of treatment. Following surgery, in the middle of the night, he patiently took the time to reassure us and answer every question we had. He was such a calm and kind doctor - we just absolutely love him. Our mother is alive today because of his skill and we cannot begin to express our gratitude. We love this doctor!

July 2nd, 2011
Treated me like family
I was scared out of my wits when suffering a mini-stroke. I was referred to Dr. Fujitani by my neurologist and he put my mind at ease right away. He performed an endarterectomy on my carotid blockage and saved me from having another stroke. He treated me like a family member and really cared about me. He even called me at home on the day I left the hosptial to see how I was doing! How many doctors do that! His staff is very friendly and helpful.

April 10th, 2011
One of the best
While I did have to wait a while for my appointment, the staff informed me he was running behind. He spent the tie to explain everything to me, and never seemed rushed or distracted. He focused n me as a person, not just a diagnosis. His surgical skill and expertise is incredible and he came very highly recommendd by my kidney doctor. His entire staff is great and the coordiation of all pre-op and post-op procedures and tests went smoothly and quickly.

December 4th, 2010
Wonderful surgeon
Our father was transferred to UC Irvine to be cared for by Dr. Fujitani after our local doctors could not manage his life threatening vascular problem. He thoroughly explained the operation that he performed on our father in simple terms that we could understand. He is a very caring doctor and was always available to answer any of our many questions. He has such a great reputation with all the nurses and staff at the hospital. We immediately knew we were in good hands. Thanks to him our father is alive today and doing well!

September 5th, 2010
Thank you for saving my leg!
Several specialists had given up on saving my leg saying that I needed an amputation. I am a diabetic and my arteries had all clogged up with plaque and disease. I am so glad to have Dr. Fujitani see me for a second opinion consultation. He not only gave me hope, but was able to save my leg! I cannot thank him enough to do everything to keep me from having it amputated. He and his vascular team were very professional and just absolutely top notch.

April 13th, 2010
Forever thankful
I was very impressed with the amount of time that Dr. Fujitani spent with me and my wife to make sure I fully understood my serious condition of an abdominal aneurysm. He showed great compassion and care in his communication and left no question unanswered. He gave me great confidence in the care his team provided. I was treated successfuly and have recovered completely! It's good to know that there still are such caring doctors.

November 11th, 2009
A doctor who really cares
Over my lifetime, I have seen many, many doctors to take care of my medical problems, but none that cared as much as Dr. Fujitani. He spent a lot to time to explain a complicated and risky operation to me and my family in a way that we all understood in simple terms. I did very well from the operation and I feel so glad to have been referred to Dr. Fujitani. Thank you!