Gastroenterologist (digestive)

2.5

by upset former patient on Dec 4th, 2013

I am done with this doctor. I had great hopes for him at first because he cured my nausea within my first few visits. During my visits he often seems bored and annoyed I'm there. He spotted something on my liver two years ago and since then he'd had me get expensive MRI's every six months. When I press him for the outcome he says, "It could be (name horrible life threatening disease) or it could be nothing. Inconclusive." Then he mentioned something showed up on my kidney this year. And same response. This last visit was the deal breaker. Not only did he answer his cell DURING MY VISIT and did not apologize, he chewed me out about my weight outside the exam room. All his staff and patients overheard his loud personal attacks. And to top it all off, his office makes appointments for you! And then calls you two days before reminding about the appointment you never made. Avoid him at all costs.

Great doctor and staff! show details Great doctor and staff!
Dec 1st, 2013

He is very competent; office staff is friendly and very accommodating. I have been going here for over 4 years and never had a problem. Don't know what all the negative comments are about. I highly recommend this dr.

Jul 3rd, 2013

Excellent doctor. Always spends time with me and answers any and all questions. Followed up personally with a phone call to see how I was after a procedure was done. Excellent office staff. Always nice and friendly. I would recommend him as a doctor. (He is never on time, but I can overlook that. I feel that he provides quality care.)

May 22nd, 2012

terrible

wonderful DR. and person show details wonderful DR. and person
Jan 31st, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr.Joseph,s for quite some time spent several MONTHS in hospital in Dallas and came back to Dr Joseph to get back on right track.

Dr. Joseph show details Dr. Joseph
Jul 12th, 2010

I personally do not understand why all of you were so harsh to Dr. Joseph. He was courteous to my family and I through the whole process. I could tell he was looking out for my best interests. Despite the office sometimes being busy, Dr. Joseph always spends the time with me I deserve. Unfortunately sometimes he ends up delaying the whole schedule. He always makes me laugh. He and the office staff make me feel comfortable.

SO RUDE! show details SO RUDE!
Apr 21st, 2010

He was rude and did nothing for me. His wife is the office manager and she is rude also. I decided to go see another GI doctor because I couldn't stand him and his stupid wife made me pay like 30 dollars for 7 pages of records. I feel bad for the staff because all of them are so nice. DO NOT GO SEE HIM!

dr. with political agenda show details dr. with political agenda
by richard honaker on Feb 26th, 2010

Dr Joseph is hard to understand - his staff are almost impossible - they have their way with wahtever you say - and post things in your chart to protect other doctors for no reason - and takes possitions of argument with you about things you know better than he. He makes your inputs as he wants them so he has control of something. At the same time, I do think he is a capable Dr. - just has bad proceedures and is too vested in the hospital and other things. It is odd because I do like the person but he makes you just scratch your head and wonder.

Dont make the same mistake I did!! show details Dont make the same mistake I did!!
Nov 22nd, 2009

Dr. Joseph will waste your time and money! He had EVERY possible blood test, x ray, ct scans, mri, ultrasounds, and a expensive hida scan done on me. He NEVER gave me a dianosis after 2 years. I had three scopes, and a surgery. I went to pick up my records to transfer doctors only to find out that there were findings in my records that I NEVER knew and he NEVER shared with me. His office manager is his wife and she is very rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. I would NOT recommend this doctor to anyone looking for a GI doctor. I have wasted thousands of dollars only to find off my records that there are some abnormal things going on that he NEVER told me! So if you wanna stay in the dark and be lied to- this is the doctor for you! If not, find someone else!!