Dr. Roy Lackey MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New York, NY

3.3

February 25th, 2016
great doctor.
Dr Lackey is a compassionate, funny and intelligent doctor. He is thorough and caring and so easy to talk with. I have been looking for a primary care physician whom I can trust and I have found him. I encourage anyone who needs an internist or pcp to check out doctor Lackey

September 20th, 2015
Excellent primary care physician.
Very impressive primary care doctor, have presented him with fairly serious medical conditions that he handled with obvious expertise and very much appreciated care and suggestions, identifies and focuses on the problem and the best way of treating it and makes excellent referrals when required.

January 27th, 2015
I have MS and require frequent medical care. Dr. Lackey has always been accurate with his diagnosis

January 13th, 2014
Outstanding Physician
Dr. Lackey is an outstanding physician and has helped me considerably over the years. I wouldn't hesitate to send anyone I love to him and in fact, would encourage them to see Dr. Lackey. Unfortunately, Columbia Medical Center is not organized or run well but has nothing to do with the physicians.

June 25th, 2013
appallingly bad
Dr. Lackey does not have a front desk, his assistant who was to take information from patients was on the phone with a friend deciding whether to take birth control while a line of patients waited in the hallway. The Dr. is unkempt, rude, and disinterested in his work. He could use a diet and a serious attitude change.

September 27th, 2011
Excellent!!
You won't find any doctor out there who treats you like family like he does. I've never had a problem getting hold of him. These comments about rudeness and relationship - I just don't get it. He has always treated me right.

July 25th, 2011
Dr. Lackey was on call and responding to my my message for help left with the answering service of my pcp. Dr. Lackey was extremely rude and unprofessional. He asked me why I called him at 9pm on a Saturday night. In the end, when I questioned why I was being berated when I called in pain and in need of medical guidance, he shouted "So what!" and hung up the phone on me. Dr. Lackey seems to be the type who must have excelled in the sciences, but totally lacking in social skills, empathy and professionalism. I think that he's an arrogant jerk.

April 19th, 2011
Excellent physician. Office staff is rude but do not let that deter you from going there. He is one of the best physicians i have ever seen.

March 13th, 2011
Dr. Lackey can get very nasty on the telephone. I had, what I thought was an emergency but when he call me back-- he was nasty. "How is this an emergency" he asked. He thinks that he God almighty and is very arrogant.

April 19th, 2010
This Doctor lacks of relationship patient-physician.

March 4th, 2010
office staff and doctor have little personality or compassion. doctor failed to diagnose serious problem. doctor never returns calls - all communication has been through office staff who are unfriendly and do not call back when they say they will. most doctors offices fit patients in when theyre sick. rather than taking 10 minutes to see them, this one tells them to go to the emergency room where they'll wait for 10 hours and get exposed to every germ in NYC. lackey might be a good doctor for typical patients with simple needs, but he has been of little help to me. very disappointing.

July 25th, 2009
Excellent doc
Just perfect for me and smart as they come. I am very comfortable in his care.