inactive

Roy Matsuyama MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.5

July 31st, 2013
Poor care
This dr performed an colonocscopy during a hospital stay, it took me four phone calls to get a follow up appointment, once I did he came in the room looking down at me and said " you look fine to me" which is great but what are my results? He said " oh guess I should get the your chart" then all he said was I don't know, to every one of my questions, not sure why now I had a colonoscopy, he told me to get another ct for my appendicitis, gee guess I'll just hope it doesn't burst, he seem truly bothered to have to talk to me, and like he hates patients... Or maybe patients that can't pay him as much, I was asked about my insurance 7 times ( yes I counted). So here I am undigonsed, with medicines costing $700.00 a month, without an explanation on why I should take them. If I could rate -5 I would.

June 26th, 2013
They should have negative ratings for doctors like this.
I went into the awful Sutter emergency room because of serious bleeding due to my ulcertative colitis/Chrohns disease but they were not able to get Dr. Matsuyama to response to his pages/calls. They admitted me into the hospital for my bleeding plus what they erroneously called heart issues. For three days, they still were not able to get Dr. Matsuyama to respond! They wouldn't give me my UC medication until he responded so for three days, I bled massively and I had to force them to give me some meds the last day. He finally came the last day, walked into my office arrogantly, sat down, lifted his nose and said: 'what is all this, you look fine to me.' How dare he! He was such a jerk, made my heart race at the appaulant manner in which he spoke to me. He should not be practicing. I have been so traumatized from this event, it's taken me a year to write this. I plan to file a complaint about him and their cardiologist (they performed a catherization on me unnecessarily). This is my second terrible incident with this hospital.

January 11th, 2012
20 years as my gastroenterologist
Dr Matsuyama has been my gastroenterologist for over 20 years. I have never had a problem with him. Very nice bedside manner. I've had sigmoidoscopys and colonoscopys from him many times with no problems. Had a sigmoidoscopy from a few doctors at Kaiser that were very painful but no problems with Dr Matsuyama.

April 15th, 2010
Dr Matsuyama has the worst bedside manner of any Dr I have ever dealt with in my life. He missed someting in my colonoscopy that had serious consequenses, and when asked about it acted as though my problem was now big deal and that I should just go to the ER next time it happens. even though that same problem put me in the hospital for four days. He acts as though he is so much better than us pion patients.