Roy M Rubin, MD
500 University Ave
Ste 100
Sacramento, CA 95825
916-452-1900
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.1904761904762 of 4 stars
Jan 31st, 2014

I cannot write a review of this specialist, because I never met him. His practice is a busy one and I was only ever seen by a PA. The PA was quick to get me a cortisol injection, but communication from that point was frustrating at best. My paperwork was not completed for the next step. I even called once to check my status as a patient and was told by an annoyed office staffer that I would need to wait a week for my answer. 3 weeks later, I found out an order had never been placed. I was told,"I'm sorry, we just have too many new patients for me to be able to keep up on my paperwork." Then the medical assistant neglected to order my Euflexa regimen. Two months later, a pharmacy began contacting me because they were unable to get through to dr. Reuben's office. The last straw for me was when the medical assistant left me a very circular voice mail message about my need to contact my insurance for approval. Her manner makes me think this is her part time job. I have since been referred to another ortho specialist and just today received a call from this MA regarding my pending prescription. We have not spoken in over 2 months. Guess my level of pain isn't that urgent. I really did not like being an insurance form.

|  Skilled and personable  |  show details
by Dr K on Jan 24th, 2014

As a physician myself i have the opportunity to analyze and choose whom i think is the best in their specialty. Without a doubt, Dr Rubin is the most skilled, personable Orthopedic specialist ive ever met. His accurate diagnosis, skilled surgical techniques, and excellent follow up had me back up and active much quicker than i anticipated. Without a doubt an excellent choice as for an Ortho surgeon.

Apr 16th, 2013

Front desk staff were not clear with instructions and appointments. I was referred for a fracture evalaution, I was not informed that I will not be seen by the specialiast, apointment was schaduled with a PA , Iwas not informed at the time of scheduling or even during the visit. in spite of me asking 4 different staff members. Thay finished the appointment saying Dr Rubin was in a surgery and didnot reschedule the appt. They quietly scheduled another visit with PA. I couldnot understand the functioning of this clinic.

Aug 5th, 2012

Dr. Rubin was fantastic! After 40 hours of Labor I was given an epidural by Dr. Rubin. It only took a few min. and he made me feel very comfortable. I was very pleased with his care. This was extremely important because I had already been traumatized by (Dr. Hughes) who took about an hour to stick me 6 times and still no pain relief. Thank you Dr. Rubin for saving me!

|  wonderful practice!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2012

The most caring and supportive staff I have ever worked with. He was there the entire way. My daughters medical history was difficult to try and work around, but he did it and she is healing fast. He took the time to consult with all her doctors always putting her health first. He is a great person and doctor, and would gladly refer anyone to him.

|  Dr. Rubin ROCKS!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2011

Dr. Rubin was outstanding. He knew that I was a serious athlete and when I had a sudden knee injury he facilitated me getting an urgent MRI and then immediately saw me, nailed the diagnosis and facilitated me getting the best care as quickly as possible. Despite a significant knee injury and surgery, just a few months later I was back to nearly 100%.

Jun 26th, 2011

I definitely recommend Dr. Rubin. He helped me through my knee injury and now I can play sports again. I was terrified when I first found out that my ACL, MCL, and meniscus was torn, but he handled the situation very well and gained my confidence. He is very kind, smart, knowledgeable, and professional. Dr. Rubin gave me all options for my surgery and also his advice. His bedside manners are excellent as well as his surgical skills.

by Lillian Ohs on Dec 16th, 2010

I have nothing byt good things to say about your staff and service. The front desk took care of my client with speed, and was able to be seen sooner than expected. Everyone greeted us with smiles and care.

|  Pretty goo  |  show details
by flyonthewall on Aug 17th, 2010

Long wait time, but otherwise ok.

|  Great Doctor, too much for him to handle  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

Dr. Rubin is a very knowledgeable doctor but he takes on more that he can handle. The wait time on several office visits was horrific. While waiting to be seen the office staff often made fun and ridiculed the patients who would call for appts. I realize Doctors are out to both help patients and make money, but Dr. Rubin seems to have lost sight of patient relations and is out for the $$. Start to focus on patient comfort, not just while being seen behind closed doors, but also while waiting 2 hours to be seen.