Roy L Ruff MD Patient Reviews

June 21st, 2015
He was a jerk

July 30th, 2014
Ruff experience
Medical Group, now known as harvard vangard, Does in fact take medicare/medicaid..First off let me tell you Dr.Rough, ooops I mean Ruff,lives up to his name, good and bad, he is agressive in getting tests done, but also very "ruff" as far as delivering the results when you do get in to see, him. He doesn't have a very good beside manner, but does know his business well.

August 25th, 2009
Completely out of touch
I had tried to switch to Dr. Ruff to be my PCP -- 3 month wait, but that was fine with me. But after 2 months, I had chest pains, had to go to the hospital. The released me 2 days later and said to get to my PCP and have him order a echo-cardiogram ASAP. I called Dr. Ruff's office and was never able to get further than his receptionist, who promised to relay everything too him. I then hand delivered my discharge notes and explained the importance of getting this done as soon as possible -- the EKGs at the hospital had indicated SOMETHING was wrong with my heart. After not hearing back from them for 2 days I placed a follow up call. 2 more days with no response. So essentially, you can conclude that Dr. Ruff thinks that it's perfectly ok for a patient with heart issues to delay tests.

September 8th, 2008
So much for the Hippocratic oath...
Couldn't even get an appointment with this guy, my PCP, for less than three months out - EVEN IN AN EMERGENCY! Has a slew of malpractice suits against him, too. Do yourself a favor and find someone who gives a crap about his patients.

June 26th, 2008
Dr,Ruff is and old school doctor but a very great doctor.
Dr. Ruff I am very happy that I choose this doctor he is very busy but is and excellant doctor. This medical group at 77 Herrick St. Beverly, Mass. has and excellant staff also they treat you as special person to every patient. I can't say effort about the care there.