Dr. Roy Schmidt MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

January 22nd, 2016
No compassion, done a very painful procedure on me with nothing. I am going back and pray it is not so painful.

January 9th, 2016
I have seen Dr. Schmidt several times during the past two years, without fail I've rec'd the best treatment and consideration from everyone I've met. I can and do highly recommend me. He has helped relieve my pain each time I see him. I also have ME/CFS which he has done research on, unfortunately my insurance does not cover any of the treatments he's has talked about even though I've read about some of the treatments from others who suffer from this.

November 21st, 2015
worst Dr ever
Office staff are the worst, office manager is a reject from the 80s, receptionist is a snob and will talk about you behind your back, don't go, they are very cruel and mean

October 1st, 2015
He has the worst bedside manner and most arrogant attitude I have ever seen in a doctor and I have seen a lot of doctors in my time.

April 14th, 2015
Dr who were are you.
Could have spent more time with me instead was left mostly with his nurse.

March 10th, 2015
Poor patient care
Bad patient care! Office takes three days to call you back if you are having a problem! Had a nerve block done and he didn't even review my MRIS before he did it! It was an awful experience! He didn't wait for the lidocaine to kick in before he inserted the needle into my nerve so I felt EVERYTHING!! I walked in his office normally and was crawling out crying after the procedure! The staff told me it was normal to feel that way! I went home and laid down like I was suppose to in agonizing pain! They gave me a paper when I was leaving their office after the procedure telling me to call if I have ANY problems... Gave them a call 3 days in a row and they send you to a nurses voicemail for them to call you back! Finally they called me on the 4th day and wants me to come in immediately! Sends me for another MRI and I had to meet my deductible which was only $500 when I went for my mri and now dr schmidts office will not give me the results of my mri without "meeting the rest of my deductible of $350" I explained I had already met my deductible and they told me if I do not pay the $350 I will NOT be seen! It's just poor patient care when you do a procedure on a patient and their in worse pain and you don't follow up with them to make their experience better! It made me feel like Dr Schmidt was just there for the money instead of the patient!!!!

December 11th, 2014
Great Doctor
The problem with these sort of sites is that only when people have negative experiences they seek to trample the caregiver. And sometimes it's not that the experience was bad, sometimes it's due to individuals who are seeking drugs who do not get what they are looking for. I read these reviews prior to my first visit and expected the worst. My visit went well. Dr. Schmidt shot me the cold hard truth about my situation and explained how it is currently correctable but is very dangerous at this stage and that he honestly was concerned about touching me but he is willing to for the sake of my well-being and quality of life. I have 2 bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and where the real problem lies a nerve that is under significant pressure when my femur is aligned parallel with my spine. He showed me my MRI and what was happening to my nerve step my step when I move. He explained that if my nerve is to become 'clinched' or completely impinged to the point that I lose feeling of my leg I may never regain full or any feeling again. He explained that even when the pressure is removed, (whether the nerve block works or we have to do surgery), I may still be in significant pain due to nerve damage. At that point he went on to explain the nerve burning process in order to correct that. Overall a wonderful doctor who seems to care. Very informative. He took time to explain the problem thoroughly, the dangers, and the procedures from front to back and under different scenarios and circumstances. He did not prescribe me anything. I am treated 100% by my primary care physician and intend to sustain that unless my physician changes that. I challenge anyone who reads these reviews and is going to see Dr. Schmidt to write a review afterwards. This doctor has a poor online rating and I personally believe he deserves much better. I was very concerned after reading these but after seeing him I'm very confident in him.

September 7th, 2014
Sadistic, Cruel Money-Grubber!
This man does not practice ethical treatment, he is in it for the money. I have read elsewhere on-line other bad reviews, unfortunately, after I left him. He makes claims on his hyper-baric oxygen chamber like it will cure you for a large price -not covered by ins. because the ins. co. knows its a hoax - If it could cure your ails then the ins. would be fools not to pay for it. Also, he did trigger point injections (more than 10 shots) on my back that was so painful I cried out during the whole procedure - I really believe that he must have not used any anesthetic at all and it ended up not working anyway. He used all kinds of pain meds on me that made me sick and in the end just dropped me from any meds at all?!?! Why would he do that to anyone - How confused and sick he made me feel. I wasted so much time & $$ with him. Do not expect him to have any compassion for you - this is just a business - he is capitalizing off of human suffering. Also Beware - his administrative staff are quite a joke - billing is so messed up on their part.

January 24th, 2014
Pain!
I saw him several times prior to back surgery. The insurance required I do spinal blocks first. So first time went ok but had no affect on my pain. Second time I think he missed the spot cause it hurt so bad. I'm crying telling him it hurts and asking is it supposed to do that? No one said a word. I came out crying and my husband didn't know what to think. Few wks later I had surgery on my discs and the surgeon said he literally had to scrape this glue like substance off the nerve in my back. Now you can take it from me if that needle doesn't hit the right place it hurts like H*** After getting the surgery I did pretty good and no more of that severe pain. NO I would not go to get a spinal block done by ANYONE.

April 2nd, 2013
Horrible experience EVERY time
Though the staff is courteous, Dr Schmidt seemed to care less about me. He came in the room, stared at his computer the entire time I was taking, and only seemed interested in getting a procedure of some kind booked. While doing procedures he could care less about how much pain the patient is in. He claims you will be sedated but that is a LIE. The amount of sedation given wouldn't even affect a toddler. Before you leave from one procedure he is already discussing what procedure he will try next if "this doesn't work". I wouldn't recommend him to anyone ever! I literally felt violated in some way when I left due to the amount of pain I was put thru with no compassion from him whatsoever.

May 16th, 2012
Do not recommend if in a lot of pain
I would not recommed this Dr or his Physican Assistant. They do not seem to care how about how much pain you are in. They seem to treat me like a drug addict. They seem to run people through like cattle, maybe spending a couple of minutes with each patient. Dr. Scmidth never speaks and the Physician Assistant seems like she doesn't have time to listen.

April 25th, 2012
Ms. Green
great treatment, staff and environment....I would definitely recommend to anyone..