inactive

Roy H Simon MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

May 13th, 2015
I love this Dr. I went to him after misdiagnosis and treatment by Doctors working with the City of Redondo. I could barely walk when I first saw him. He got me back to a 2:42 marathon. Then I was being treated for a shoulder injury by an orthopedic and that too was treated by Dr Simon who realised it was a bicep injury. He will always be my hero.

April 10th, 2015
I was in terrible pain for months and saw numerous chiropractors until Dr. Simon immediately diagnosed my condition.....After MRI and conformation, I went ahead with an epidural injection.......OMG! I was 99% cured, went 5 weeks later, for another injection ............and I was brand spanking new again!! I really want to say that this Doctor saved my life....

March 17th, 2015
Awesome doctor, awesome staff. I totally disagree with some of these reviews. I had an injection, after seeing another pain management doc without any relief, Dr. Simon changed my life by taking away my pain. I would definitely recommend seeing Dr. Simon!

July 30th, 2014
Brilliant Doctor
Failed neck fusion and I was looking at another surgery. Dr. Simon suggested an injection at a precise location with a facet injection. I went from very limited range of motion to almost complete following the injections. Yes, he can be gruff, but I put him up there with the best.

March 3rd, 2014
I totally disagree with these bad reviews. I saw Dr. Simon after seeing 2 other doctors for epidural injections with no relief. Dr. Simon told me an epidural would not help my pain, but that I needed a facet injection. After the injection, 90% of my pain resolved. Dr. Simon was patient and compassionate to my needs, he answered all my questions. He even called me the next day to see how I was feeling. I would recommend him without any reservations!!!

October 15th, 2013
Great Doctor
I too disagree with the negative reviews above. I seldom write reviews for anything, but Dr. Simon has been fantastic, extremely competent and has correctly diagnosed and treated my pain.

September 19th, 2013
Please DON"T go to this doctor! He is all the negative things you have read about him. My ortho referred me to him for pain management. I advised his staff of this when I phoned to make the appointment, and the medications that my surgeon had me on. I was told, "no problem." When I arrived for my appointment, he came in so rudely, looked at my Mri disc, and sid, "there is nothing wrong with you, Im the shot guy, I don't prescribe medications." Well, I just underwent major back surgery. He was all too happy to charge me $300, for his 5 minutes of miserable time. He ddn't do a thing for that money, not 5 cents worth. I only marked 1 star, as you must mark something. he is minus 5 stars, and has the bedside manner of a hyena

July 2nd, 2013
patient
great doctor and service

April 6th, 2013
PLEASE LOOK AROUND FRIST
IF YOU LIKE DOCTOS THAT ARE ARROGANT,ABRASIVE AND ABSOLUTLY INTO THIERSELF THIS IS THE DOCTOR FOR YOU. I MADE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE SIMON.I HAVE AN EXTREMLY BAD BACK AND I ALSO HAVE TRIGGER FINGHERS AND BAD KNEES HAVE BAD ARTRITIS.IN THEM .OH I DIDN'T METION SCATIA THAT GOES DOWN BOTH MY LEGS AND IT IS VERY PAINFUL. THEY STAFF DIDN'T SEEM HAPPY. AFTER ABOUT 1HR HE CAME IN WITH HIS SCURBS BUT NO SHOES WHAT'S UP WITH THAT AFTER LOOKING AT ALL MY FILMS HE SAID THERE REAY DIDN'T SEE A PROBLEM. IHAVE BEEN TO SO MANY ORTHO AND ARTHRITIS DOCTORS. IWAS SO FRUSTED WITH THIS DOCTOR, I WOULD'T SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO HIM I DID FIND A DOCTOR THAT HAS ME ON A PROGRAM AND MY PAIN IS SOME WHAT UNDER CONTROL. I GET STERIOD SHOTS IN MY BACK NOW. BUT DR. SIMON WOULDN'T ADDRESS ANY OF MY PROBLEMS. AND IF ANYONE OUT THER GOES TO HIMCOULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT WAS UP WITH THE NO SHOES?

July 24th, 2012
Excellent
Would have saved me a surgery if I had seen him before having a fusion on my neck. Showed me the films and diagnosed the problem. Great doctor.

April 18th, 2012
The Best!
I have been to Dr. Simon a few times over the years. He is the best one I know for dealing with my pain, and my treatment by him helped everytime.

October 11th, 2011
Extremely disrespectful of my time
My visit to Dr. Simon's office was one of the worst Dr. visits I have ever had! He keep me waiting for more than an hour. He seems to have an over exaggerated sense of importance. He didn't want to listen to anything I said. When I got another opinion, I found out his diagnosis was incorrect. Going to his office was a huge waste of time. I'm happy to have this opportunity to warn others.