Dr. Roy Sucholeiki MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

December 2nd, 2016
I don't think I've ever written a review about ANYTHING before. But, when people ask me about my epilepsy I tell them my neurologist (Dr. Roy), has saved my life! I went from having multiple seizures a month to now being seizure free for a few years! It took a while to get the medication correct, but everything comes with time. I could not drive because of my seizures, and had my license taken away. Now I'm able to drive again and live a normal life! Dr. Roy has also helped me through a lot of other issues as well when I felt like no other doctor was willing to listen to me. He's really a great man who cares a lot about his patients

February 10th, 2016
Explains things very well. Very attentive and focused on the patient. Put my mind at ease when things were happening that I had no idea what was going on.

January 25th, 2015
Dr. Roy was great--he gave me just what I wanted and needed from this annual visit. 2015 will be more productive and richer for me because he shared some of his wisdom and knowledge tangential to neurology. Thanks.

December 3rd, 2012
I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Roy after years of seeing other neurologists who did not understand the issues that I face. Due to public aid as my only form of insurance it is sometimes hard to find quality doctors and we just have to take what we can get. I am so glad that I found Dr. Roy. Even though a visit requires an hour drive to see him, it is well worth the effort!! Best neuro I have ever seen, by far!

November 9th, 2012
Finally...some answers
Wonderful Doctor. I have been under his care for several years. I have struggled with Epilepsy all my adult life. Poor quality care and unfocused professionals did not allow for me to settle into a consistent quality of life. I had always blamed myself. It took time to develop trust and confidence in this doctor, but once i did and allowed myself to believe i could be independent. Still working at it, but it is attainable.

September 7th, 2012
All he'll do is waste your time if you're a patient with financial assistance
Maybe he is a wonderful doctor to patients with money and fantastic insurance, but I was not so fortunate. I found him to have an inflated ego and no interest in his patients. He was my doctor for 3 and 1/2 wasted years, full of worsening seizures. In fact, I later learned upon requesting my records that he did not believe I had epilepsy until I had a seizure in his office. He was never interested in knowing what type of seizures I had or how often they ocurred, however, he did write down that I had them. He often resorted to calling me for 5 minutes instead of seeing me "to save me money and keep me from having someone drive me in". On one occassion he also forgot to renew my medication, which caused me 3 grand mal seizures in 36 hours that cracked all my dental fillings and cost me a piece of my tongue.The only good thing he did for me was mention another doctor's name in passing after he finally ran a test that I asked him to run for 3 years. After drug treatments became less successful he FINALLY agreed to let me have an MRI, which showed an anomally. Afterward,he called me to say he spoke with the neurosurgeon in the office and they thought I would need additional testing, probable surgical intervention and he wanted to see me right away. When I asked if the hospital would help me with it he backed up and said the best course would be to just monitor it for the forseeable future--this conversation was 5 minutes long. I was a little upset after this discussion so he recomended that if I wasn't happy with him, then maybe I should find someone else that would work with me (his actual response was much less professional). I requested my MRI report with its recomendation and diagnosis, which was not shared with me, and found a new doctor. I had surgery and am completely seizure free so this shows me that it CAN be done, just not by Dr. Sucholeiki.

July 18th, 2012
He really listens and looks at the big picture
Unfortunately, I have had to consult with many, many docs over the years in search of a diagnosis and treatment, and was so impressed with Dr Sucholeiki that I wanted to take the time to tell others about how positive my experience was.Dr Sucholeiki took as much time with me as needed, without making me feel rushed, and REALLY listened to my long medical history and the questions and concerns I had that brought in to his office seeking his opinion. He asked relevant and meaningful questions that showed me he had been paying close attention and was on the same track I was, as far as looking for an explaination regarding some 'episodes' or perhaps seizures recently.He then went on to ask about other facets of my life and home environment, perhaps because I had been referred to him by my psychologist after consulting with a few other neurologists and not getting anywhere.He really took the 'big picture' into consideration during the consultation, and I truly believe this is important and not enough doctors take this approach. I have since referred several people (including my mother) to his office whenever anyone I know needs to see a neurologist.Bravo Dr Sucholeiki, I like the way you 'practice' medicine.

August 31st, 2011
Dangerous and arrogant!!!
Dr. Roy told me he wasn't sure I had a seizure. After I was taken to Northwestern Memorial after an observed grand mall seizures by medics and coworkers. His gut said I wasn't having seizures. The medics and neurologists at Northwestern were apparently wrong. You can keep driving cause you have warning before your seizures which he stated weren't happening. Plus my $15k worth of testing showed nothing. SO stop taking Keppra cause your not having seizures. You must be depressed its something else. So, after psychological testing, I was asked why and who told you are depressed and ill. You are completely and mentally stable and well, said the psychologists I saw. Stopping Keppra was dangerous and caused many more problems and seizures. Letting me continue to drive was flat out dangerous on top of that. All because his gut told him he believes it was something else. In addition, I was told by Dr. Roy he doesn't need anymore patient load cause he's to busy already. His nurses and the front desk staff is great. So don't let my review of Dr. Roy take away from those good hard working and caring people. The hard work and caring stops after those individuals. I've never been this let down and disgusted by a physician ever.