Dr. Roya Seysan MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Flower Mound, TX

2.5

July 18th, 2016
Go to a Different Doctor
Always speaks very loud, brass personality, talks over you, asks a question and when you begin to answer, talks over you, ask a question before you can finish. Very poor bedside manor. Will not ever go back, and do not recommend her. Staff was great.

March 9th, 2016
Never Again
I will never go back. I scheduled my appointment early so I did not have to wait. I still waited to be seen about 40 minutes. Then the doctor was rude and lacked basic manners. I have never been treated in such an unprofessional manner. I will not go back and I am calling tri-care so that they will stop recommending her as a primary care physician. So disappointed in the treatment I received.

January 28th, 2016
Horrible mean doctor. Got angry and abusive with me because I said I'd prefer to wait for test results before taking medication I didn't need. Sent me for a CAT scan for no reason. Griping me out as I'm trying to leave and check out. Don't trust this lady.

January 7th, 2015
Not in touch with medicine circa 2015.
Dr. Seysan is opinionated...and I say that in a negative way for a physician. She did not want my medical records (which is fine..lots of doctors want their own intake). She did no intake. She heard my concern and started shouting (not hyperbole) what to take. She does not believe in medicine. My blood pressure had to be stroke level by the time I left her office due to her abrasive behavior.

April 3rd, 2014
bad doctor
My first impression of the office was "wow the front desk girl (Amy) is really rude and must hate life." The wait was not bad probably because Dr. Seysan is in my opinion a bad doctor. She is really loud she did not listen to what I said and over prescribes meds. Dr. Seysan prescribed me an antidepressant because I said I may have a glass of wine with dinner most nights. Her response was that is bad are you depressed? then gave me a ten minute speech about how bad it was. I was shocked I told her I am not depressed I don't get sloppy drunk. I am an active 29 no kids in grad school and newly married I love life. I had to tell her three times that I was not depressed and didn't want to take antidepressant she continued on as if I wasn't talking wrote the prescription anyway which I did not fill. My husband is a doctor (different specialty) and he laughed when I told him she prescribed me an antidepressant when I told him I was not kidding his response was someone is getting major kick backs! I will not go back nor would I ever refer anyone.

June 27th, 2013
Terrible listener. I knew that I had a thyroid issue and asked her to test beyond basic TSH. She wouldn't. A better doctor did and found autoimmune thyroid antibodies and nodules and is actually helping me when this doctor would not. She wanted to prescribe every medication under the sun, most for conditions caused by the first unnecessary medications she prescribed. Dangerous. I have a great doctor now but THIS doctor was deadly.

June 3rd, 2013
Horrible Toxic Medical Care
Each time that I've visited this doctor ( I've given her 6 chances) She has spent 7 minutes with me and not listened to me at all. She cuts me off, won't run the tests I've requested (based on extensive research) writes tons of prescriptions with contraindications for me and smiles while speaking down to me. Her negligence forced me to get a second opinion and a better doctor who listened, found my problems and is solving them without wrong prescriptions that make me more sick. I knew that I most likely had Hashimotos Thyroiditus and was right. She ran a test that misses it 90% of the time. Refused to run the more reliable tests and acted like I was an idiot for asking. She gave an obviously estrogen dominant woman a prescription for MORE Estrogen ( putting me at risk for stroke and breast cancer and making the underlying cause much worse). The prescription she gave me CAUSES high Blood pressure. Her answer was to get me on a double dose of hypertension meds for the rest of my life for the hypertension SHE was causing in the first place. Rather than advising me to simply change the iron supplement making me sick to my stomach, she insisted that I should have $$$ hospital tests for Gallbladder problems. Changing to a yeast and gluten free liquid iron supplement solved the problem just fine instead. NO gallbladder issues found of course! Does she get kick backs from the pharmaceutical companies??? No wonder medical care costs $$$! Bottom line is this: I went to another doctor who listened, did the right tests using blood, urine, ultrasound and even comprehensive metabolic and heart tests like an actual professional. He found the real problems, gave me only absolutely necessary prescriptions that don't cause diseases, advised supplements whenever possible and treated me like a human being who has a brain in my head. He gave me respect for my research, honest answers and helped me to heal. Roya Seysan on the other hand was so negligent, she nearly ruined my life in a series of 7 minute, toxic visits. If I ever want to make a fortune on the black market for piles of unnecessary prescriptions, she is the first doctor I'll think of. Perfect for the patient who never thinks for themselves and wonders why they got so sick later after following doctors orders so carefully. Dangerous.

February 9th, 2012
Problems with insurance
Her office will drop your insurance without notifying you or give explanation. This happened to me after seeing Dr.Seysan for 8 years.
Doctor's Response

Dr Seysan accepts most major insurance policies, including Aetna, Cigna, United Health Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Human, AARP, Galaxy, GEHA, HealthSmart, TriCare, Medicare, Mutual of Omaha, PHCS, and American Family Insurance. Call 972-691-8585 to confirm that your policy is accepted.

December 5th, 2010
charlotte
the whole experience was very good and comfortable. i felt at home and well-cared for. she is kind, attentive and knowledgeable. she spends time explaining and educating patients about the diagnosis. i recommend her to frinds and family without hesitation.

April 26th, 2010
excellent
very caring and compassionte. very good with children. kind and courteous office staff. i was given a run around with my stomach issues and i have been doing so well since i saw her. she also uses vitamines in her practice which i liked very much. i definitely recommend her.

October 3rd, 2009
Caring attentive and thorough Family Doctor
Dr. Seysan has cared for me, my husband and three teenagers for ten years. She is quick and accurate in her diagnoses. She diagnosed a neighbor of mine more accurately than two specialists in Dallas who had completely missed that acid reflex was causing her cough. Phone calls are received giving lab test results. The lab is conveniently located in her office. Same day service.