Dr. Royce Calhoun II MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2017
The office staff were phenomenal and his PA Christian seemed genuine. Dr. Calhoun was nice, but I felt that he spent more time discussing how good of a doctor, he was and the only one in the area that perfomed cardiothoracic surgery. While I understand that he is proud of his accomplishments it felt like he was in an interview. After 2hours I left wondering what was the point of the visit.

August 21st, 2013
Great Experience for my Wife
My wife had a nodule in her left lung that needed checking. I went to the Web to check out Doctors. Even though Dr. Calhoun was recommended by another Doctor, I wanted to check reviews. Nothing I found was giving me a warm feeling inside except his experience. We decided to go to Dr. Calhoun because of his specialties. What we got was totally unexpected. What a GREAT Doctor, Great Personality, Great Staff. My wife was scheduled for Lung Surgery and Dr. Calhoun definitely made her at ease. Also me too. We met with him when we arrived at the Hospital before surgery. He called me on my cell phone when the surgery started and then again when he finished and gave me an overview. I thought that was great, but then he came out to talk to me face to face to explain what was found and prognosis. When my wife got to her room, he was there. He even came back at midnight. Then, at Ten AM he was there to check her and released her. He explained everything about what to expect, what to do, and basicly gave her a clean bill of health. We met again a week later in his office and again he went over everything. Gave us copies of reports and showed a definite concern and interest in my wife's future health issues. I would definitely recommend Dr. Calhoun to anyone. He's definitely the best Doctor we ever had, (my wife has had twelve major surgeries). I want to thank Dr. Calhoun for help in making this surgery the easiest to get through working with him and his staff.

May 10th, 2013
It is shocking to hear that you have a cancerous mass in your lung,,,,especially when you have never smoked. I give him an A+ for bedside manner. I recieved expert and kind care in the hospital and was home in two days. Recovery was quick and I am 64 years old. I do not hesitate to recommend Dr Calhoun to anyone needing this surgery. Mine was done at Rideout in Marysville and I had wonderful nurses. To me, he is an amazing man who extended my life because of his knowledge and expertise.

February 27th, 2017