inactive

Rozina R Lakhani MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

December 20th, 2010
Avoid!
Dr. Lakhani appeared cold and non-empathetic. She spent the duration of my appointment entering my medical history into her computer, asking calculated questions without making much eye contact. Once that process was complete, (with five minutes left of my appointment) her advice consisted of offering a medical heart monitoring device for my anxiety with "self-help" breathing exercises that I could download from a website. She claimed that in the future it would not be necessary for me to see her - that I could, instead, simply see her nurse - seriously??? When I told her I didn't think I could afford to purchase the medical device, I began to feel pressured to try it. She asked me if I would like her assistant to call my insurance to see if they covered it and I told her that I would prefer to do so on my own. One month later I received a $350 bill in the mail for both her services and the medical device which I never authorized her to bill my insurance for and never received. While they did remedy the billing ... non-empathetic. She spent the duration of my appointment entering my medical history into her computer, asking calculated questions without making much eye contact. Once that process was complete, (with five minutes left of my appointment) her advice consisted of offering a medical heart monitoring device for my anxiety with "self-help" breathing exercises that I could download from a website. She claimed that in the future it would not be necessary for me to see her - that I could, instead, simply see her nurse - seriously??? When I told her I didn't think I could afford to purchase the medical device, I began to feel pressured to try it. She asked me if I would like her assistant to call my insurance to see if they covered it and I told her that I would prefer to do so on my own. One month later I received a $350 bill in the mail for both her services and the medical device which I never authorized her to bill my insurance for and never received. While they did remedy the billing error with the medical device, I am still left with a $200 bill for the least helpful and most expensive 45 minutes I have spent in a long time. I expressed my frustration with the billing department and they told me they would speak with her. One week later, they sent my bill to a collections agency. I was appalled. I agree with the previous review - we live in a city with a vast network of wonderful, highly qualified doctors, there are far more qualified psychiatrists out there and I would encourage anyone who is considering Dr. Lakhani to steer clear and instead find one of them!!