A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruary O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ruary O'Connell is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from University College Dublin.
Dr. O'Connell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Touro Infirmary
- East Jefferson General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Connell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Louisiana Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ruary C. O'Connell practice?
Dr. Ruary O'Connell practices Surgery near New Orleans, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Covington, LA.
See New Orleans Surgeons.