A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruary O'Connell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ruary O'Connell is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. O'Connell
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. O'Connell Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Connell graduated from University College Dublin.
Dr. O'Connell has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Touro Infirmary
- East Jefferson General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ruary Cilian O'Connell BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Ruary C. O'Connell practice?
- Dr. Ruary O'Connell has 3 office locations.
Dr. Ruary O'Connell practices Surgery near New Orleans, LA.
Additional practice locations include: Covington, LA.
See New Orleans Surgeons.