Dr. Ruben Espinoza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ruben Espinoza?

Not caring towards my newborn

Posted on June 25th, 2012

I picked Dr. Espinoza because his practice is less than 10 minutes from my home. When my daughter was a newborn, she had a hard time swallowing her saliva and would choke on it. She started choking while laying flat during her 2 week wellness check. Out of habit, I reach for her and start to sit her up so she could swallow easier. Dr.Espinoza pushed my hands off of her before I could sit her up completely. This resulted in her falling back down onto the table, still choking. He said she was fine, and proceeded with his routine as I frantically explained to him that she's choking. She started turning blue and that's when he finally sat her up and patted her back. I was trying to do that in the 1st place!Then, when he used a tongue compressor to look in her mouth, he gagged her 4 times! Four! It almost seemed intentional because he had become frustrated with me and my daughter. Needless to say, I will never go back to him.As for his office, there is no separate room for the sick kids. So the kids/babies who are there for their wellness check are sitting right next to the sick ones. It was very warm in the waiting room (hello germ incubator) and freezing in the actual check up room (where you strip your baby down to their diaper to freeze). My 1st visit, we arrived 15 minutes early, yet still waited almost 2 hours in the waiting room, exposing our 3 day old newborn to all the sick kids. At her 2 week check up, we waited just over an hour.I would highly look else where for a more caring doctor and a healthier environment.

Posted on March 28th, 2011

He was very thorough, but also very short with us. I felt rushed and felt that his bedside manner needs some work.

Great doctor and staff

Posted on December 8th, 2009

The best I've ever been to with my kids. They love the train in the waiting room and the friendly staff

Posted on July 17th, 2009

Dr Espinoza is a great Dr he is caring and attentive. My 3 kids love coming to his office

Posted on June 8th, 2017