Dr. Ruben Koshy Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Ruben Koshy?

March 22nd, 2016

Absolutely horrible bedside manner, staff was excellent, hospital excellent, making appointment excellent, my procedure was the first of the day so excellent on that as well

July 30th, 2015

Incredible doctor! I have my life back!

Dr. Koshy is a wonderful physician! He isn't one of those type of pain doctors that tries to get me addicted to narcotics and he is one of the only doctors that could do procedures which actually relieved my pain. I am glad to say that I am finally able to get back to work after years of seeing doctors that didn't know how to do pain procedures properly. I am very impressed with his bedside manner because he explained things to me clearly and went over the procedure again when I had some questions. I don't see physicians like these anymore nowadays. He cares about me and I deeply respect him for that!

April 28th, 2015

Dr. Ruben Koshy MD

This physician clearly DID NOT communicate to me that he would NOT be rendering same treatment as my previous physician who retired from pain management (same medical group). I have been seeing the same physician for the last several years. prior to the MD retiring. I was re-assigned to Dr. Ruben Koshy MD by staff, my previous physicians treatment has worked extremely well, has kept me out of the hospital, and working full time for the last several years. This physician was distant, aloof, and quite frankly did not appear interested in my diagnosis or any input from myself or my husband, who was present during the pre-op examine. He did not examine, or touch my neck/back region, or ask me where my pain was during this introduction in the pre-op stage, nor did he mark the areas of concern. I was advised by my previous physician, that marking (felt tip marker) is important to do pre-op because once the sedation RX is administered the patient cannot communicate clearly as to where the pain is. Within 3 days of discharge from hospital (discharged same day of tx), I was aware that whatever tx he rendered did not work. The treatment was rendered at a hospital, so yes, ease of appointment, courteous staff and promptness by hospital staff members. In recovery room the RN thought I might need something for pain based on my pain scale, she said she would need an MD order to administer pain meds, he arrived and was clearly put out with her and me that he had to address my issue and stated "most of my patients never complain" he did authorize an RX for me reluctantly, but his body language said it all, I was alert and orientated x 3......well if he is a certified pain management physician then he should be aware that each patient is different, with different levels of pain, treatments, etc., and to group all patients into one "bowl" so to speak is unacceptable. The patient owns their pain, not the physician. Good luck to you patients, this is the first review I have ever done.........did some research today, his reviews were less than a "1" in the state of Georgia, he is now in California. I would have rated him less than a "1" but that was not an option. All I had communicated to him was I was requesting continuity of care as my previous physician, he has his own agenda and my input or my husbands input of what worked for me with my previous physician went by the wayside. He did his own thing....with NO regard to the retired physician who had created a treatment program that worked and was successful !

September 21st, 2015