Dr. Ruben Mayer MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 21st, 2015
Heres what you can expect, you are lucky to get a call back on any test run. We were lied to about getting a test run by another ( non LMC ) provider, was told they were out 14 days, we called that provider the same day and got our choice of two different times the Next day. On the test that dr Mayers office ran we finally called ( after 11 days ) and found out it had NEGATIVE results. Phyllis said that we were on the list to be called. Without decent follow up in a timely manner it matters not how good the doctor is. You are on your own when you use this office.

February 18th, 2015
Dr. Mayer is a phenomenal doctor. He cares about his patients and will listen for as long as you need him to. However, his nurse, Molly, is the worst. It sucks that she has to be the gateway to such an incredible doctor. She's either overworked or burnt out on her job- either way, she doesn't really do much for you. She wouldn't let me see the doctor for a cough and made me get an X-ray, which she didn't even check or call me about results for OVER A MONTH. You can't get anything done using manners, so if you want to be treated, you have to argue with her. DHEC called me about test results and when I followed up with their exact instructions, Molly said, "Oh you're still sick? Just deal with it for a few months"- not even kidding. I truly wish I were making that up. She's the absolute worst. Dr. Mayer is one of the best doctors in Columbia- it's a shame he has a nurse who just doesn't care about patients.

November 4th, 2014
Very impressive
As a medical professional, I am very aware of the qualities of a skilled and compassionate MD. Dr. Mayer is one such physician. After approx. 2 years of being misdiagnosed by my previous physician, I saw Dr. Mayer ONE TIME before he discovered my problem and he followed up to see how I was doing in a week or so after my appointment. He is the type of MD that everyone is looking for and having trouble finding.

May 31st, 2012
Dr. Mayer has always gone out of his way to help my concerns.

February 8th, 2017