Dr. Rudolph Bedford MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 28th, 2013
Great GI Doctor
I cannot say enough about Dr. Bedford. He is so professional and knowledgable in his field. In fact he is considered a leader in the GI profession. What mattered to me is that he was so caring, encouraging and supportive. I was very nervous about the procedure and potential outcome. At the office appointment he spent a lot of time explaining and answering all my questions and concerns. He was there at the bedside both before and after the surgery to reassure and then give me good news. He is amazing. Just the consummate professional in all areas. Both my husband and I feel so fortunate to be his patient and under his care. We so highly recommend him to others.

October 16th, 2013
Unnecessary procedure, poor bedside manner
He performed an unnecessary procedure on me based on another doctor's referral. He admitted so himself in the non-sterile Operating Room before starting the procedure. There was something important about this procedure he didn't discuss with me or note in his operative report. I didn't really give informed consent. I learned of this point in the report of my next surgery. This procedure failed to diagnose a life-threatening condition which needed immediate surgery. I don't know if it's possible to diagnose my cancer with the procedure he did. But I think he should've suggested more tests before this procedure to the referring doctor. His bedside manner was very cold and unfeeling. His staff was nightmare to deal with; they didn't return calls or schedule me as they said they would nor in a timely manner. They said I could go elsewhere for faster service.

October 19th, 2011
Dr.Bedford is a superior doctor and person!

August 8th, 2011
The way Doctors should be!
I went to Dr. Bedford because I have reflux and other stomach problems. He was kind, caring and professional. He took the time to explain to me what was going on and encouraged me to ask questions. He told me to call the following week. I left a message and he called back within a few hours. I could not have asked for a better experience. My daughter has been a patient of his as well, and has had an equally positive experience.

October 1st, 2010
Terrible! Not caring or professional
My office visit lasted 5 minutes and I was sent to give blood work and scheduled an endoscopy and biopsy with Dr Bedford. I ended up developing severe pain and going to the ER. I left Dr. Bedford several messages over the next few weeks regarding my pain and asking for my test results with no return phone call. I have left two messages a week for the past four weeks and still no call back. I finally received a call from his receptionist saying he was busy and she could go over my test results but she had no medical background or training. I have still not heard back from the doctor and had to file a formal complaint with my insurance company. The worst experience ever

March 24th, 2017