Plastic Surgery Specialist, Surgical Specialist

Excellent Surgeon! show details Excellent Surgeon!
by Cody on May 5th, 2015

Skilled surgeon. Genuinely a good man who follows the golden rule.

Feb 19th, 2015

You will look and feel fantastic after visiting Dr. Runnels. A fantastic experience from start to finish.

by Lucy on Feb 10th, 2015

Dr. Runnels is amazing!! He took time with me and listened to me about what bothered me about my body. He explained in great detail about all of my concerns and even drew pictures. I did not feel rushed or uncomfortable. His staff was so helpful and kind from the time I called to make my appointment until the last follow up visit after my surgery. The price was what I expected and the results were superb!

TOP NOTCH! show details TOP NOTCH!
Oct 16th, 2013

Dr. Runnels and his whole staff are the BEST! It took me a couple of years to get the nerve to have my breast augmentation. My husband and I went to two other surgeons for consults and chose Dr. Runnels because he had the best bedside manner and he totally made me feel at ease. My results are amazing! Only negative I can think of is that the wait times in his office can sometimes be a little long, but I think it's because he takes extra time for his patients and doesn't make them feel rushed. I didn't mind the wait for an exceptional doctor. Recommend highly!!

It seems only the bad reviews review. Mine is great! show details It seems only the bad reviews review. Mine is great!
by Ashley on Aug 8th, 2013

Ok, I searched for a plastic surgeon for a long time. Constantly looking up prices, pictures on the websites of past work, and reviews on doctors. I looked to make sure a doctor was certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery and had great examples of their work. When I found Dr. Runnels website and pictures I was so relieved and happy! All of his work was good. It wasn't spotty with some good so ehhh... He was consistently good. Then I found this site and saw the poor reviews and got nervous. But then I thought, outraged people are more likely to rant than people who are happy with their work. Here I am, and I'm so happy! I went anyway, and talked with him and he addressed all of my concerns, from how my mom's augmentation turned out (and what I didn't like about them), to my own concerns about surgery, recovery, and so on. He was so nice, and his nurses were so nice too! They told me he did their work, and gave me personal advice of what they chose to do and how they're happy with their results. If his nurses trust his work, and are happy with the results, I'm game. He encouraged me and gave me advice along with the rest of the staff and put me at ease. When I got sick from the pain meds on the 3rd day post surgery (I didn't eat it with food and I'm not used to taking strong pain meds) he answered my call from out of town and called me in a prescription and calmed my irrationally running fears of something being wrong. He was very kind. Bottom line, worth every penny (my husband agrees) and I'm glad I didn't go with any other doctor. Don't let the reviews scare you, go see him for yourself and look at his portfolio. It speaks for itself.

synmastia risk/one breast larger show details synmastia risk/one breast larger
Jun 29th, 2011

I do not mind side boob, in fact I think it is sexy. Instead I got overly close to my sternum breast with a likelihood of Symmastia. Not only that but one breast is bigger.What is aggravating is at my five day PO I mentioned more pain in left side. He viewed my pics and confirmed they were the same size pre-op. Then one month PO I addressed concern again and he views the pics and says "oh, your left breast was larger pre-op.Also, I called in concern for Symmastia, the nurse said they haven't had a s case in 5 years. When I came in for consult, Dr. Runnels says he has never seen Synmastia.I had written out an explanation of what I wanted. And it clearly stated cosmetically and medically safe. I certainly did not want synmastia, the complication rarely successfully repaired at the cost of $12,000 by a skilled Dr. In this specific issue.Sad part is- I know he has many patients and probably forgets what he has told me. But, if your honest, your response will not change.I just wish he would acknowledge the problem.

he is good for me show details he is good for me
May 11th, 2011

When I first met Dr. Runnels I was dissapointed in his opinion. I did not want to hear that after 2 years of chemotherapy 33 rounds of radiation and a mastectomy I still did not qualify for reconstructive surgery. I left his office mad and dssapointed. He did prescribe phisical therapy to assist in the moibization of my arm. Six months later, I am 60 pounds lighter, 67 dress sizes smaller, and a non smoker. I did not want to do any of these things but, Dr. Runnels was honest enough to tell me that I had 3 things against healing, I was over weight, I smoked, and I had radiation. I went to visit Dr. Runnels recently and I now qualify for reconstruction. It is not going to be fun. But..I can look forward to being 60 with perky boobs, non smoker, cancer free, and working on a size 12.. For a woman 5'9" and a larger frame, I can palm a man's basket ball, I think a size 12 is good. I have more self confidence and also plan on continuing my efforts to stay healthy. I am not going vegitarian yet but am headed that way. Junk food is out, whole grains, no and low fat dairy products, and working out at least 4 days with a combiantion of strenght and carido training have given me a new interest and role in life. Cancer took away my old life and now I have a new and better one. Dr.Runnels was responsible for putting me on the path to this new way of life. Thank You Dr. Runnels

by Jennifer Pierce on Jan 18th, 2011

My left breast is smaller than my right and my nipples are not centered. I expected better from Dr.Runnels, as he comes recommended in the state of Mississippi....I should have went out of state for the procedure!

Feb 13th, 2009

CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD ABOUT THIS GUY!