Dr. Rui Cerejo DO Patient Reviews

April 12th, 2016
Horrific Experience
Unfortunately I was unable to ever meet the Dr because I could not get beyond his incompetent unprofessional staff. Initially, I left several messages for Vicki, Cerejo's secretary before I could finally speak to her. When I spoke to her she instructed ME to verify that my insurance cover Dr. Cerejo. I have never been asked to do this by a Dr's office. All Drs that I have seen have been more than happy to do this for patients. I initially agreed to do this but did not feel right about it. I then left Vicki approximately 4 messages with no return call. I then asked to speak to the office manager, Ethel, who was rude and minimized Vicki's conduct and not once apologized for her staff's behavior. She then transferred me to someone else to verify insurance. This woman in billing was the only nice person I spoke to who indicated that she did not understand what was the big deal. Essentially anyone could have verified insurance. This nice woman indicated that she was going to call Ethel to inform her of insurance verification so that she could continue assisting me. This never happened. Dr Cerejo may be a very good Dr, but he lost a patient due to his incompetent staff.

December 28th, 2015
Excellent and professional staff; Dr. Cerejo, kind, considerate, professional and thoughtful;; however, extremely difficult to communicate with office... once connected, most professional and helpful;

June 9th, 2015
Wonderful Doctor with great manners

January 23rd, 2015
Great, understanding Doctor.
Great, prompt diagnosis, excellent people skills, wonderful doctor.

February 7th, 2014
Patient for 9 years
Dr. Cerejo has always been spot-on. He asks the right questions, answers my questions to my satisfaction and is kind and courteous. I did experience some staff concerns several years ago, but he seems to have handled the problem. Over the last couple of years, his staff has been courteous. Reviews should be helpful to patients and doctors, alike. A couple of these reviews are just downright mean. This being said, this particular reviewing website might want to think about separating the reviews into two parts: Physician reviews and Office/Staff reviews.

August 2nd, 2013
Very professional with an excellent "bedside" manner.
I called Dr Cerejo's office because I was in severe pain and my regular rheumatologist couldnt see me for a month. I received an appt and saw the doct ...

June 12th, 2013
Lupus Patient
Had to leave a few words regarding my experience with Dr. Cerejo. I've suffered from Lupus for over a decade now and have seen numerous doctors whom could barely ease my suffering. I was refered to Dr. Cerejo about 4 years ago.He did not use me as a guinea pig like so many others and he knew exactly what I needed to ease my many symptoms. Several years have passed and after going through a divorce , I lost my insurance. Dr, Cerejo found a way to continue to provide medications at no cost to me and when I ended up in the hospital with an intestinal blockage due to inflammation caused by stress, Dr. Cerejo came in every morning to check on me before going to his office at NO COST ! He is indeed an amazing Dr. and truly devoted to help his patients. I just got a new insurance and i'm going back to see him this morning. He always called me personally to rely any test results or to check if i was doing okay with the medications i took.

July 17th, 2012
Great Dr. and staff
I have been a patient of Dr. Cerejo's for almost 9 years. He or his staff have never been rude or unprofessional. I have spoken to many other patients over the years and always hear good feedback about him.

December 31st, 2011
Low-Life, Rude Staff Backed Up By Doctor
Horrible experience with this doctor and his monumentally nasty "staff". Awful communication skills. No follow-up on lab results.

April 21st, 2011
Wonderful
I have been to many rheumatologists...but Dr. Cerejo is the best one ever. Highly recommend him.

September 6th, 2010
Please rate the doc rather than his secretary - thx
There are many office staff that can be rude. Please in future rate the doctor not the staff. To knock the doc because of a rude secretary is ridiculous. This should be a forum whereby people can find out if this doc will solve their issues -- not to find out if the person who answered the telephone or who greeted you was nice. It's as stupid as knocking the doc because you had a hard time finding parking in the facility.

August 27th, 2010
Forget patients rights...rude staff
There was one person waiting in the doctors' lobby on a quiet day this Summer. Two support staff were behind the window; they did NOT respond to my greeting. I was not welcomed and hestitantly signed-in...in silence.The ATTITUDE in the lobby was so big it crowded-out my desire to start a relationship with this practice. The office staff was insenstivie my pain. They were uncommunicative and rude. Until there are some policy changes, this is not the way this (future) patient should be handled.