Neurologists

22201 Moross Rd
Ste 356
Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
313-417-2486
Locations and availability (2)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Nov 18th, 2013

I wish I would have read reviews first. My first appointment, in the middle of me describing my symptoms she looked me in the face and said I talk too loud and I need to speak more quietly , because she had a patient sleeping in the next room. Why was I in a room next to sleeping one... And why wasn't a sleep study being done in a hospital? She then sent me for a blood test. Ordered 21 vials of blood, told me to go right down... Turns out all the blood tests were void because they required FASTING. Not only did she not tell me this, she sent me down immediately, and didn't mark on the order. A week later I was back in for an emg performed by herself and her non-doctor husband! While there I asked for my blood results, she stated my file was not in the office and that I would need to make ANOTHER appointment for results. The next week I was back with a diagnosis of ulnar neuropathy (not my symptoms at all) and was reamed out for not fasting before the blood draw. Even after I pointed out that the orders did not state it... Then a week later, I'm back in her office for a spinal tap (pretty sure she likes to milk insurance) she MISSED 8 times! Hitting me in the bone 7 of those times and in my sciatic nerve once. When she finally was in I was sobbing. She then proceeded to yell at me that's crying was cause the spinal fluid to only drip out. I've now waited 3 weeks for a call regarding results that should have taken 1-2 weeks. I've already made an appointment for a new neuro. Once I get the results I'll be demanding my entire file and never looking back. Do not go to this doctor. Not to mention she has no nurses, only one girl at the front desk. Horrifying treatment.

|  horrible, horrible, horrible  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

She can hardly speak English. Good luck communicating with her. What she does understand she seems to ignore. She ignored my symptoms and barely ran any tests. I'm finding a competent neurologist asap and this time I'll do my research before I go. I wish I had read these reviews before I saw her.

|  Waste of time and money  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2012

Dr. Begum missed an obvious diagnosis of a severe neurological condition that was eventually and easily caught by another neurologist. This mistake cost me valuable time as the earlier treatment begins the better the prognosis. She is also quite rude and uncaring. While I saw her she was dismissive of my symptoms or maybe she just ignored them since she doesn't tend to listen to her patients. If that isn't bad enough her staff who look like high school kids are unprofessional as well. Do not go to her if you value your health.

Sep 19th, 2011

I am never experienced such an unprofessional office setting in my life! The office staff looks to be High School aged and have just about no idea what's going on. When the issue is Neurology, I would appreciate a doctor that actually speaks English! Dr. Begum needs to return to India. She was very rude, and I mean very! I accompanied my 79 year-old mother who has Dementia and a host of other issues, the doctor was asking her direct questions that were very inappropriate, such as asking her very specific questions regarding driving directions to a hospital that was over 50 minutes away! did she really think that my mother was the one driving? she wouldn't even look at me much less address any information towards me. As I said, seriously unprofessional. I am currently looking for another Neurologist for my mother.

Jul 15th, 2011

Dr is extremely thorough. My internist states all tests and results are reported in a clear and complete manner. She has a rough personality. Often it is hard to understand what she is saying due to thick accent. Statements from other reviewers re: Dr are accurate. I find the office staff very good but the Dr doesn't seem to be able to keep the office people very long. The Dr always comes to waiting room for the patient, not an aide. This impressed me. Rarely is Dr late for my appointment. I've been seeing Dr for about 1.5 years.

Jan 13th, 2011

I was treated like dirt from the desk staff. I had called for a refil on my prescription and was put off two days. I had to call 4 times to follow up, the first day they ignored my request completely. I will be looking elsewhere for a new dr tomorrow. Horrible customer service and a lack of caring.

Jun 21st, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Begum for about 5 yrs. I noticed last wk. after not seeing her for about 1 yr., that she was borderline agitated with me. I have always had to pay close attention to what she is saying, since she speaks softly and with broken English. I think it is time for her to retire soon if possible. I have trusted her care in the past yrs., but it's kind of mixed feelings at this point, unfortuneately. It makes me sad a little.

|  Medical Incompetence and Terrible Business Practices Define Dr. Begum  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2010

Dr. Begum's office is by FAR the worst medical facility that I have ever had the displeasure of visiting. I really question how she even got a medical license. This office is notorious for lying to patients and falsifying medical documents due to their own incompetence. I called for a simple prescription renewal (which Dr. Begum told me I could do when it ran out) only to be told that I never had a prescription and none is on record. I informed the office staff that I had photocopies of the prior handwritten prescriptions as well as the empty pill bottles, they responded by calling me a liar and implying that I stole the prescription pad (never mind that the prescriptions are clearly in her handwriting). They later admitted that they found the prescription record (which I speculate that they simply falsified the document after the fact due to my complaint), I was never offered an apology for their error. They also have large problems with their billing department. They promise a price for a visit and then bill you much more. If you attempt to contest the bill you will be immediately discharged and refused further medical treatment. The secretary will promise repeatedly that a manager will contact you to discuss the billing issues, but don't hold your breath; I have been waiting weeks for the phone call. Furthermore, Dr. Begum does not speak English making it extremely difficult to convey important medical information. When I reviewed my medical record from her facility I found that she had misunderstood literally everything that I told her during my visits. When I called to have the medical record corrected the office staff became extremely rude and unruly. Long story short, if you value your life DO NOT GO TO Dr. Begums practice. You will end up with terrible medical service, incorrect billing, and a botched medical record that will stick with you FOREVER. Try getting insurance when you have huge mistakes in your medial record, the insurance companies won't even touch you anymore. Good luck to all, avoid Dr. Begum like the plague!

|  English speaking/listening is lacking  |  show details
by Cali Russell on Oct 1st, 2009

Does not communicate Unclean office, does not take patient serious!