Dr. Rupa Desai Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Rupa Desai?

Compassionate and thoughtful

Posted on October 14th, 2016

I saw Dr. Desai today because of a very bad cough and allergy issues. She spent a lot of time with me and gave me great advice. She also gave me great follow-up instructions in case I need them.

Most trusted doctor

Posted on October 12th, 2016

Dr. Desai, is the most caring, trusting, kindest doctor I have ever had. I have been with her for so many years, I would say going on over 15, and she is sweet and has a warm heart. She makes you know she cares, takes the time to listen and makes sure she treats all matters of concern. I changed insurance companies which made her out of network but still go back and pay to keep her. Thank you so much for being a great doctor, one I always turn to and trust.

Posted on October 13th, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Desai's for over 10 years. I have never encountered a bad experience in that entire time.

She is rude

Posted on March 24th, 2013

While this facility and NorthShore in general are fantastic, Dr. Rupa Desai is far from the excellence provided by NorthShore. Luckily, she's not my doctor, but I had to see her because my doctor was out of the office. I will never ever see her again. She is rude, arrogant and belittles her patients. I walked out and decided to wait until my doctor comes back. She is the right doctor for you if you like to be humiliated, otherwise, you better look for someone else. Really, anyone else at this facility will do.

Rupa Desai worst doctor you could possibly go to

Posted on October 22nd, 2012

I was prescribed medication for anxiety, from my regular MD, and I needed a refill 3 days early. My MD wasn't on call that weekend so I called NothShore staff twice, and literally the nurse on the phone snapped on me and said to stop calling every five minutes. (I called an hour later). So she made an appointment for me with Dr.Rupa Desai. Beside the 1 hour wait, Dr.Rupa Desai snapped on me by not looking when my medication was originally prescribed and treated me like an addict. When she finally realized that I'm only trying to get it 3 days early she gave it to me,she didn't diagnose anything, didn't talk to me about my GAD and Social Anexiety Disorder. She kept yapping how good Paxil was and wrote me a script for Paxil with 10 refills, she wouldn't let me talk or listen to me when I tried telling her this drug doesn't work for me because I've tried it before. She basically prescribed me a medication for depression,PTSD with bunch of side effects. Not for my anxiety, and never let me speak during the visit. I will never again visit Dr.Rupa Desai or her staff for anything. I am thinking about switching from North Shore University Health system and going somewhere else.

Greedy doctor who is playing with her patients lives

Posted on September 8th, 2012

I had a positive pregnancy test and did not have a OBGYN, so went to Dr. Desai who I had gone for regular ailments off and on. She identified as a pregnancy by blood test but the ultrasound showed no sign of pregnancy, which was an indication of ectopic pregnancy. She should have sent me to an OBGYN immediately but rather told me to wait for another 10 days and then she herself would do another blood test and ultrasound. Three days later, I had to go to the ER and had to had an emergency operation to remove one of my fallopian tube. My friends kept telling me to go to an OBGYN but it was my mistake I trusted Dr. Desai. Basically she wanted to make her own fees and also referral money for blood tests and ultrasound. What a noble act for a noble profession

A very friendly doctor

Posted on September 20th, 2010

Everytime that I have visited hershe has made me feel comfortable. She is good at diagnosing the problems and office staff is very caring. Overall a good experience. definitely recommend her...

Posted on August 4th, 2017