Dr. Rupal Chiniwala MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 25th, 2012
Awesome Doctor / Some Poor Staff
Dr. Chiniwala is one of the best doctors I have ever gone to. She is very knowledgeable, friendly (not sure who gave her a poor bedside manner review, but she has the absolute BEST bedside manner), most importantly she cares about her patients' welfare. I absolutely love her.However, I am not sure if they have grown to fast over the past few years (it is 2012) but her staff went from being completely nice, accommodating, friendly, and generally caring about their patients to being maybe too busy and no longer accommodating. It has been a disappointing process to watch. The most recent change was the addition of a "triage nurse" that's purpose is to filter all patient calls. The position is not a bad idea, but the person they have hired to do this is very by the book, does not seem interested in patient welfare, and is only looking out for the best interest of the clinic (as opposed to the best interest of the patient). I have been with Dr. Chiniwala for 3 years now and just adore her. We are switching doctors solely because of her staff. It is sad because doctors like her are very, very hard to find.

July 29th, 2011
I am very pleased to have Dr. Chiniwala as my children's pediatrician. She is wonderful with my kids and takes the time to answer all of my questions thoroughly. The office staff is helpful and friendly and seems well run overall. At my daughter's first well check after my delivery, they found her bilirubin was too high and I was not feeling so strong myself after my C-section. The office manager, Liz, arranged a wheelchair for me and took me and my daughter herself next door to Trinity Medical Center(now Baylor) where we stayed overnight. I have had prompt repsonses on any requests for records or call backs. I am pleased with the doctor and the staff overall.

January 23rd, 2011
One of the best doctors
My entire family loves Dr. Chiniwala. The kids are so comfortable with her and her staff. She spends time connecting with her patients and takes the time to explain things to us. As a parent and a patient of hers, I appreciate this very much. Phone calls are returned promptly and I can even email her directly if I have a question. She is wonderful!

January 17th, 2011
Do not return phonecallss
I waited days with numerous phone calls to speak to the dr. Im still waiting. The followup is poor. This office is part of MCNT corporation. They care little about people and doing what is right and are only concerned with their "corporate policies" You are better office with a private practice!!

May 17th, 2010
Noah loves her...
I first heard of Dr. Chiniwala when I was in the ER with my son. He had just hit his head on the corner of the coffee table and needed stiches. The admitting nurse asked who his doctor was and being new to the area, we didn't have one yet. I figured this was a good time to ask if there was anyone she recommended and she gave me Dr. Chiniwala's card. Ever since we have been seeing her and Noah LOVES her. She talks to him as though he's his own person instead of talking at him. He's 4 and doesn't mind going to the doctor like most kids, because she makes him feel comfortable and really gets down to his level. She is always willing to hear everything you have to say with an open mind and answers all questions and concerns. I figured if she's good enough to treat my son, she's good enough for me and WE won't be seeing anyone else anytime soon.

March 3rd, 2010
Awesome doc..spent enough time, good diagnosis
Have no idea why someone would say bad bedside manners. I thought she was very caring and professional. Her nurse could smile little and this would be the place to be (if you really have to be at the doctor's office)!!

January 15th, 2010
Poor bedside manners
Poor bedside manners, stay away from this office