Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  REALTOR  |  show details
by CATHERINE KEMPSKI on Aug 11th, 2014

I HAD A MICRODISECTOMY IN 2010 PERFORMED BY DR FISHER. HE TOLD ME THE CHANCE OF ANY PROBLEMS WAS LESS THAN 2%. I WENT INTO THE HOSPITAL PLANNING TO STAY LESS THAN 23 HRS. HOWEVER, HE NICKED THE SPINAL CORD. CAUSING ME MUCH DISCOMFORT. THEN TO TOP IT OFF HE NEVER CAME TO MY ROOM TO VISIT OR TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED OR WHY I HAD TO STAY FOUR DAYS.. I COMPLAINED OF PAIN FOR OVER A YEAR AND WAS TOLD "THE NERVE IS JUST DECOMPRESSING" I WENT BACK FOR A VISIT WITH THE PA AND WAS TOLD I WAS ONE OF THE 2%. DR. TIM BOULOS FIXED THE MISTAKES THAT HE DID AND THE PAIN IS MUCH BETTER BECAUSE OF DR. FISHER, I HAVE SUFFERED IN PAIN FOR OVER THREE YEARS. IF HE HAD JUST TOLD ME WHAT HAPPENED AND EXPLAINED IT TO ME I WOULD HAVE TRIED TO UNDERSTAND, JUST REMEMBER HE IS NOT A NEUROSURGEON. HE IS GREAT WHEN THINGS ARE GOOD BUT LOUSY WHEN THINGS ARE NOT SO GOOD.

|  show details
Feb 3rd, 2014

Great caring surgeon.

|  couldnt fix me  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2012

Dr fisher did my first microdisctomy and I was great for 3 yrs then come to find out that disc is herniated again! Also, 2 other discs are in worse condition causing severe pain and limited walking, sleeping, moving. He did a ton of tests which hurt!! then told me I needed 3 level fusion, I was happy! then decides to not do it and tells me there is nothing he can do for me. His PA is not nice and seemed bothered by my phone calls. I guess its all in what the patient has? Now I take pain meds that dont work and I have no quality of life, pure suffering!

|  Execellence  |  show details
Feb 7th, 2012

Through Dr Tony, I was referred to Dr Fisher for C4 surgery. Dr Fisher had further testing done on me to insure this was the exact cause of my problem. He Listens, Gets All the facts, then plans a course of action. Surgery is the last thing he will do since there are other non evasive ways to fix spinal problems. Surgery was my fix, he is Very Maticulus, also PA Natalie is also just as Excellent in patient care. You can't get any better than this!

|  Dr,.Fisher gave me relief from major back pain.  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

I have only good things to say about Rush Fisher. He gave be excellent care before and after surgery. I've had no problems since my disk replacement.

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

Dr Fisher is amazing and is dedicated to finding a solution to my problems. He is not the typical Dr who prescribes a ton of medication and tells you to have a nice day. He is genuinely concerned and is an excellent asset to Christiana Care. I highly recommend Dr. J Rush Fisher to anyone who has spinal problems. He just really wants to make everyone better and thats what being a Dr is all about.