Dr. Rushton Patterson Jr Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rushton Patterson Jr?

March 30th, 2015

I don't think this dr even deserves a 1 star. At 38 weeks he told me my baby was getting to big and I needed to be induced. Being a young 1st time mother I said ok. Got to the hospital was on pitoson all day long. With no dilation no nothing. He came in at 4 pm that after noon to break my water when I wasn't even dialated!!!!!! Then he sent me home cause he couldnt. Induced me again at 39 weeks and my water broke on its own at 9am. He came in at 4 pm again and told me if I didn't have a c section I was going to get an infection and would be risking my baby's life. Didn't explain ANY THING to me and just walks out of the room. The nurse had to calm me down and explain the c section process to me. So after only being able to labor for 10 hours he rushes me back to have an UNNECESSARY csection. After I saw him leave the operating room I never saw him again till my follow up. His brother dr JAMES Patterson came to check on me and my baby. Dr James Patterson spent more time talking to me in my recovery room than his brother had my whole pregnancy! Horrible dr.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry if your expectations for your care were unmet. The reason for a procedure is explained to every patient before the consent for surgery is signed. We are happy to hear that both you and your child are healthy. We wish both of you well for the future.

SHOW

May 1st, 2013

The Best M.D. Ever

He is a great Dr. and I would recommend him for your care.

January 31st, 2013

HORRIBLE DOCTOR-LIED TO INDUCE ME!!!

I wouldn't recommend this man to my worst enemy. At 38 weeks, he told me that I was 4cm dilated and could go into labor any day. This was my very first pregnancy so I didn't know any different. I trusted him. He wanted me to schedule an induction the very next day. I told him that I really wanted him to come natural but he said he might not be on call when I did go into labor, which would have forced me to deliver my first child with someone I had never met. After hearing that, I decided to schedule the induction for 2 days later. Giving my son the chance to come if he chose to. Remember, he did say I was 4cm dilated. 2 days later and no baby, I went into St. Francis-Bartlett to be induced. Once I got a room and after being hooked up to IV's and starting Pitocin, my nurse and I started talking. I told her that I was 38 weeks and 4cm dilated as of 2 days ago. She made a comment that she had better call Dr. Patterson cause my labor would go fast. An hour later after not hearing anything from him, she checked me to see how dilated I was. When she did she got a weird look on her face. I knew something wasn't right. She asked me if I was sure he said 4cm 2 days ago. I told her of course I was, I wouldn't have agreed to the induction in the first place if he didn't tell me that. She then told me that she only got MAYBE 1cm. She then got another nurse and had her check me, just in case. She said the same thing. Let me remind you I was already into the Pitocin for at least an hour and a half and had started having contractions. I was livid. And on top of everything, I didn't even see him until 3:30 that afternoon when he walked in and told me that I would have to have a cesarean because he didn't feel that I would dilate any more. At 38 weeks 2 days, 8 hours into labor and 4 REAL cm later I delivered my son via unnecessary c-section at 6lbs 11oz. Not to mention I didn't see this man period after delivery. My son was born at 3:51pm and he was out of the hospital by 4:00pm. Come to find out, he was going on vacation for 3 weeks that day, so I didn't have a 2 week follow up on my in site. The MA's in the office told me to go to the ER if it started hurting or looked infected. Thank God my son was okay but I would NEVER recommend this idiot. I work in internal medicine so I know how the healthcare field works. He was going out of town and wanted to make sure he would be paid for my child's birth. Not to mention the 2,000 dollar bonus he got for the c-section. I trusted him as my doctor. I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy!!!

March 16th, 2012

Show no concern in his patients

September 16th, 2011

The waiting time was about 1&1/2 hours but was very satisfied with the results.

August 1st, 2011

Stay away from this Dr.

He is the worst Dr I have met in my life!!!! At 32 weeks I told him that I felt something was wrong (this was my 3rd child!) He didnt examine me, he did nothing told me it was normal and when I said it wasnt he got mad. needless to say my son was born 4 days later and was in the neonatal intensive care unit for 8 days!!!!!!!!!!! He put my sons and my life endanger.

August 6th, 2010

Did not take the time to explain why he was making the decisions he was making regarding my pregnancy. He induced my labor 3 days before my due date (my daughter and I were both perfectly healthy and doing fine) and never told me why he was inducing me. I having to have a C-section because my daughter was not ready to come out yet. Even the nursing staff at the hospital questioned why I was being induced. My plan was to have my daughter naturally with no drugs and he insisted SEVERAL times during my 15 hours of labor that I needed an epidural and finally forced me to have an epidural so he could do the C-Section. He was very rude to both me and my family every time he came into the room during the day.

April 14th, 2010

Great

He is very nice. He is VERY easy to get in contact with

May 10th, 2017