Dr. Russell Bartels MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Scottsdale, AZ

November 4th, 2016
Worst Experience of my life
I lost almost ALL my hair thanks to Bartels and Mazzacano. I had a total of 3 bhrt pellets over 7 months which ruined my life. After the 2nd I reported all my symptoms to Mazzacano which were hair loss, irritability, anxiety, libido threw the roof, and I was on an emotional roller coaster. She ignored me and all my issues, said I was given to much and I should do half 50mg. "That's what I do." she said. Didn't take into account all my symptoms or the fact she's like 20years older than me. No physical performed actually ever at the office. She did not even test my T levels she tested my thyroid!? Really. I don't think she even knows what she's doing. No concern for my health just another $ to them. So I lost almost all of my hair.:( Extremely depressing! All women should be informed of these side effects I was Not. I specifically asked if hair loss was a side effect and was told no by Bartels. Which he now is claiming hair loss is a side effect. Do your research ladies.Talk to any endocrinologist, dermatologist, naturopath, or laser hair center. I wish I had. They'll tell you testosterone is the WORST thing for a women's body and you will lose your hair. Beware!

March 31st, 2016
Good MD; Horrible Staff and Office
I really like Dr. Bartels and believe he is a great MD. However, his office is horribly run. Patients are put on hold for very long wait times, his staff is curt and unfriendly. The staff also did not follow up with me on my blood tests or Mammograms. Sadly, an MD with a poor staff is not where I want to be treated.

December 3rd, 2015
Exceptional
Very friendly and intelligent. He takes to the time to listen to his patience and he explains issues thoroughly with clear assessment.

December 1st, 2015
You'll Love This Doc
Dr. Bartels has done more to improve my quality of life than any doctor I've ever visited.

October 28th, 2015
He cares...
I really like Dr. Bartels. I find him to be informative, and thorough in his diagnosis. He takes the time to explain everything and is genuinely interested in my questions. I'm very happy with this practice. And if he takes a little longer to get to you than other docs, keep in mind he's giving the same attention to his other patients that he gives to you. Be a patient patient and you will get great care.

October 1st, 2015
Potentially Good Doctor, But Impossible to See Him
I had an initial appointment with Dr Bartels to consult on several hormone issues that were causing me significant problems. It seemed like he was knowledgeable, but he needed blood work done to confirm his diagnosis. After getting blood work and trying to schedule a follow up appointment, I was told it would be six weeks to see him to get the blood work results. Perhaps other patients are ok with that amount of time to get a diagnosis, but having to wait that long to see a doctor while suffering isn't acceptable to me. It doesn't matter how good a doctor is if you can't get his help when you need it.

September 24th, 2015
This guy is excellent. Personable, professional, smart, caring and just a great Doctor.

May 13th, 2015
hile Dr Bartels is pleasant to deal with his staff leaves much to be desired. Quite rude on the phone with a condescending attitude. I experience many unreturned calls and when I asked about why my calls went unreturned I was informed that " i was not the only customer they had" All in all, the Doc seems fine but his poor staff caused be to go elsewhere

March 24th, 2015
Ms. E
The staff that answers the phone are horrid! Without cause I was hung up on today. Rude customer service and no recourse. The 'back office' is the same so that must mean the 'office manager' is incompetent. I asked my first question, 'how much is an office visit for Rx refills' in a calm, questioning only voice as I never expected the hostility I received in return. No one has to take abuse from a woman. Never again.

January 26th, 2015
I like Dr. barrels. He takes the time to answer my questions and he's pretty thorough in his diagnosis. I find him friendly and informative.

January 13th, 2014
Great Care; Super Bedside Manner
My husband and I have been going to Dr. Bartels for over 3 years and have had nothing but great treatment. Dr. Bartels has always spent plenty of time with both of us. I cannot imagine other reviewers that say he was short or anything less than kind, caring and professional, except that those reviews seem to concern having a baby, which can make any of us gals irritable and hard to please. The office staff is very friendly but sometimes takes a couple of days to return calls relating to prescription refills. But other than that, this is a great experience. In fact, they are so busy they are moving to larger offices. They also get very busy so you have to get an appointment well in advance. My visits require no followup so while I gave him 4 stars on it; I really cannot comment appropriately. I highly recommend Dr. Bartels.

October 2nd, 2013
Dr Bartels
Dr Bartels and his staff handle my ob/gyn needs as well as my hormones. They have been for years the most courteous and professional staff. They go above and beyond to make sure that my needs have been taken care of and I cannot recommend them enough to everyone. From pregnancies (2) he has been wonderful, my c-sections went smoothly with a teeny tiny scar . He's a perfectionist. With other procedures he has always been precise and never caused me any pain. And he has changed my life with hormones, they are a game changer and I suggest everyone look into these with his office. I hope this helps , his practice is hands down the best I have ever been to,