Dr. Russell Beck MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

August 21st, 2015
I have been going to Dr. Beck for 30 years. He is an excellent doctor. He has delivered 4 of my children. I love his calm demeanor and have a lot of trust in his wisdom.

July 10th, 2013
The Only OB I Trust
After years of problems with infertility and miscarriages, my husbands boss recommended us try one more doctor before we gave up. I went to see Dr. Beck as recommended when I found out I was pregnant again. After doing an ultrasound Dr. Beck expressed his concerns with my pregnancy at the time but didn't want to give up hope. At first I wasn't sure if I would like him because of how quiet he was and I felt like he had no personality and was too reserved - no smiles! I soon learned I don't care about the personality, I care about the experience and the care they deliver! I lost that baby but Dr. Beck did a full check up on me and asked me not to give up hope. I became pregnant again less than 2 months later and immediately Dr. Beck started me on some medication and gave me ultrasounds every 2 weeks to monitor me. Even though I had lots of bleeding and complications we had a beautiful baby girl that I credit 100% to Dr. Beck. While he is reserved and quiet, I know he cares because when we made it past the scary moments and everything was in the clear he came to me and said "I just want to give you a hug!" and gave me the biggest bear hug and was truly happy for us - on top of amazing medical care, you can't beat that! We have had another baby - Dr. Beck of coarse - and with the few complications Dr. Beck fully explained options and let us play a role in the decisions! He was also with me for the full labor in delivery which you don't hear about often. His experience really shows through especially during complicated situations. Oh and to add to my novel, I am not mormon and I never once felt that was a barrier between us or my care.

February 1st, 2013
Dr. Beck is an amazing OB!
Dr. Beck has been my OB/GYN for 13 years and I absolutely love him! The office staff as well as his PA are all friendly and helpful. Any time that I have called with concerns or questions that his nurse can answer, I have always received a prompt call back and had my concerns heard and addressed appropriately. I've never had to wait long in his office, in fact often times I am called back a little early if I arrive slightly before my appointment time. Dr. Beck has a very quiet and calm demeanor but is extremely knowledgeable and straight forward. I trust him completely. I am currently 38 weeks with my second child and know that I and my little one are in the best of hands!

November 13th, 2012
We Loved Dr Beck!
When my OB retired after the birth of my 5th baby, I was devastated. Shortly before I found out I was pregnant with my 6th and last baby, I asked a friend of mine - a Labor & Delivery nurse at Gateway - for recommendations for a new OB. Dr Beck was at the top of her list, so we decided to give him a try.Dr Beck is QUIET. Im deaf in one ear and sometimes had to ask him to repeat himself. He doesnt always make small talk, but he's funny and kind. My nephew was born with congenital CMV three years ago and this was a major concern for me. When I mentioned it to Dr Beck, he didnt get all riled up about it but noted my concerns and later, did his best to assure me that the baby looked great and healthy. When I expressed worries over something, he definitely became more vocal and more clear in order to calm my fears and answer my questions.My delivery was very hard and he was amazing. I couldnt have asked for a batter doctor to have in that room with us(and as someone who absolutely LOVED her last OB, that's saying a lot).Im almost sad that Ill never have experience another pregnancy/delivery in Dr Beck's care.PS...Im not Mormom either. I cant believe another reviewer would even suggest she received less than stellar care for that reason. :(

October 16th, 2012
Amzing Experience
I had such an amazing experience working with Dr. Beck. He was extremely patient with my many questions, always showed concern where needed and very efficient. He is quiet but he is knowledgeable and always gives me the information I need and straight forward answers to my questions. He is highly recommended in my book and this was my first pregnancy!

February 16th, 2012
Dr. Beck makes dangerous mistakes because he is overly confident. He does not listen enough to know when a woman's concern is real. I have been through a lot of pain because Dr. Beck missed a diagnosis.

September 19th, 2011
AT 15 weeks I started bleeding. I have several medical issues, so I walked into the dr's office and requested that I see Dr Beck as soon as he could fit me in his schedule. I expected to wait much longer, but only waited for 15 mins without an appointment. He took me and was able to check on baby and show me that he was ok, that this must have been just a slight tear.At 20 weeks I started leaking some fluid on a Sunday. I called in to the on call dr who told me to go to the hospital. The hospital could not find anything wrong with me, but put be on bed rest until I saw the dr the following day, Monday. Everyone was very thoughtful. Dr. Beck had no problem with scheduling me in for an emergency appointment, and calming my fears but helping me to see that the baby was ok.I would recommend Dr. Beck to anyone he is always willing to answer questions. He is very calm spirited, which I really appreciate sense this is me and my husbands first child, and both of us tend to get a little high strung when we don't know what is going on or what to do.All normal Dr's appointments are on time. I never have to wait.

August 15th, 2011
Dr Beck is a great doctor!
I have 4 children, and have used a different OB doctor for each one. I have switched from others because I was not pleased with various aspects of their service (some were quite bad-- but I'm picky too!) Overall, Dr Beck is by far my favorite and I am sticking with him to deliver my 5th baby (I'm 13 weeks!). He was recommended to me by my friend, who is a Doctor's wife, and they fully trust him. Dr Beck is somewhat quiet, but he is very knowledgealbe and he is willing to stay as long as needed with you and answer any questions. As far as bleeding durring pregnancy.... He has told me if I spot I need to take it easy for a few days, but if I have heavy bleeding I need to call right away-- so I'm not sure what happened with that other reviewer. Also, He won't be your husbands best friend... his focus is only on your care- which is what I want in my OB doctor. When I go in, he is always familar with my case, and my history, where other doctors need lots of reminders to look at the chart. I would highly reccommend Dr Beck to anyone needing an OB doctor.

April 28th, 2010
If you are bleeding during Pregnancy
If you start bleeding during your pregnancy, I recommend going to a different doctor as soon as possible. I bled for over a montha nd Doctor Beck acted like it wasn't a big deal at all and when I started bleeding even heavier after an exam still was not put on bed rest, was not told to go into hospital or to come and see him. I had further problems and tried calling the Doctor on a Friday, neither him or the nurse practioner were in the office- I left a message with him as well as another doctor in the office. I never received a return call from either Doctor(Ever). I ended up going into a different hospital where he Doesn't deliver because I didnt' want to see his face. I was put on strict bed rest, however, the next day I was admitted and within a few days I lost my baby. You would think if you had a patient that starting at atleast her 4th month she start bleeding and continues to bleed for a month, I would think that doctor would try to get ahold of that patient to see if everything is okay. Who knows maybe becasue I wasn't Mormon like he was, he didn't give a crap. I don't know, but I will never go to him agian and will certainly Never recommend this Dr. Beck to anyone.