Russell Buchanan, MD
227 E San Marnan Dr
Ste 1
Waterloo, IA 50702
319-226-9888
Locations and availability (2)

|  Spinal Surgery  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2014

I would recommend Dr. Buchanan to anyone! I just had spinal surgery three days ago, and all the pain I had been suffering with for months, is gone. Now I just have to heal from the surgery. "Which is normal". I can't begin to thank him, his nurses, and his staff enough!!!

|  show details
May 26th, 2013

Horrible

|  Absolutely the best.  |  show details
by Todd Murphy on Apr 19th, 2013

After years of lower back pain & numerous appointments with neurosurgeons.I was referred to Dr.Buchanan by my family doctor. I was told your MRI doesn't show any damage to nerves even after loss of feeling in my feet.Dr.Buchanan went way out of the norm ordering test after test to find out what was causing my pain & weakness in my back & legs. After a disco gram it was revealed l-4 l-5 were causing my pain.He performed a alif double fusion and nearly a hour after surgery as I took my first steps the pain in my feet & back were gone.Its been 9 days post op & I do have some aches & pains but nothing close to what I had.Couldn't ask for a better staff and surgeon. I wouldn't let anyone else do what he did.Dr.Wait & Dr.Buchanan and their staff is top notch.Thank you for giving me my life back.

|  show details
by Jamie S McCallie on Dec 6th, 2010

Dr Buchanan is one of the best is one of the best neuro surgens in the state of Iowa and definatily the best in waterloo, IA! My condition has been on going for more than 15 years and after seeing all neuaroglist in the waterloo, ia area and then going to the iowa city neuaroglist and nero surgens in waterloo, iowa city and cedar rapids areas in iowa i found Dr Russell Buchanan and he was the one that was able to help me with my condition and confirmed what i had been told for the last 15 years as the othere doctors did not seem to know any thing about dergenetive disc disease. I have recommeded dr buchanan to many people and he was the one doctor who gave me faith in doctors again! I can't say enough in favor of Dr Buchanan, if you need a neuro surgen this is the man to see!!!