A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Ciafone:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Ciafone is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Ciafone, FACC, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Ciafone graduated from Columbia University, New York. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Ciafone has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Hartford Hospital
- St Francis Hospital & Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ciafone accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Community Health Network of Connecticut - 2 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- WellCare - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Russell A. Ciafone practice?
Dr. Russell Ciafone practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Hematology & Oncology, Medical Oncology, and Nuclear Cardiology near Hartford, CT.
Additional practice locations include: Simsbury, CT.
See Hartford Internists, Hartford Cardiologists, and Hartford Oncologists.