Dr. Russell Dempsey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

March 15th, 2016
Amazing doctor who really cares. Godly man.

February 23rd, 2015
Great experience

February 13th, 2015
Has done a great job with myself and family for the past 10 years. Called me at home late one night because he was concerned about my family. Highly recommend he and Scott in his office.

February 12th, 2015
way to long to get an appointment
1st let me say I really do like Dr Russ. Very personal doctor always seems to know you history when you see him. The problem is trying to get an appointment to see him. When you call you doctors office to schedule an appointment you do not expect to hear that it will be 2 weeks. Most people call when there is something wrong. They cant usually wait 2 weeks. For this reason I really have no choice as to look for another primary care physician. Not really what I want to do but this is the 2nd time this has happened to me. Also noticed that they are taking new patients! really! when you cant get your current patients in for 2 weeks. maybe they need to stop taking new patients and concentrate on the patients they have.

September 10th, 2014
I do like the Doctors and trust their opinion, however, we will be switching doctors as the wait time is always an avg. of an hour no matter the time of the appointment. They really need office staff that is trained better in scheduling if the doctor wants to have such great bedside manner.

September 30th, 2013
small business owner
I can not say enough good things about Dr. Russ and all of his staff. This man and his associates have gone out of their way to care for the health of my wife and I for years. I have recommended them to all the people I know who are looking for a doctor. I hope they continue doing the great jobs they are doing. We appreciate them greatly.

September 9th, 2013
Very Good History With Dr. Russ.
Dr. Dempsey has been my primary doctor for around 15 years. I've received very good care from him and his staff. He listens to my questions and gives thoughtful answers. When he has referred me to specialists, the experience has always been good. When I run into him at school functions or around town he recognizes me and says hi. He's always treated me as a real person, not just a patient. I've never had a long wait in his office, but knowing that he takes time to discuss details with his patients, I'd accept the wait if he was running behind.

May 7th, 2013
horrible place, stay away
I have gone to this practice for a number of years because of the location. I will be switching doctors soon. They have always made you wait way too long to be seen, doesn't matter if the appointment is 730am or in the afternoon, always at least a thirty minute wait, usually closer to an hour or more. The last time I went, Dr Dempsey tried to be helpful, but messed up one of my toes. When I went back to show him his mistake, he would not take responsibility and charged me a lot for the visit, so I basically ended up paying for his mistake. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this practice.

July 27th, 2012
This is a wonderful practice. Very caring and committed to providing excellent patient care. Dr. Dempsey is an excellent doctor and we value his care.

January 20th, 2012
Worth the Wait
I absolutely love Dr. Russ...but you must be willing to wait. Dr. Russ will take as much time with you as required. Unfortunately, this means that you will not get into and out of the office quickly. He will call back when required, even if it is in the evening. He is not quick to prescribe meds unless absolutely necessary. Dr. Russ also does a great job of explaining things to you as well as listening to you. Staff is also great.

November 14th, 2010
Tape Recorder MD
All his knowledge comes from surface value of skimmed texts. Doesn't take numerous variables into account. Everything is A = B and always B. No functional thought, purely quoted from memory. Might as well be reading Mayoclinic and where it says, "Please consult your physician" it instead reads, "That's all there is to it". Or better yet Wikipedia. Arrogant...

February 19th, 2009
Dr. Dempsey is a wonderful physician. He is very caring and concerned and listens to me. His office staff is very friendly and courteous - always going above and beyond. When Dr. Dempsey is not available I see his PA - Scott Kleinert who is wonderful as well. I would not hesitate to recommend this office to anyone.