Dr. Russell Gornichec MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 26th, 2016
The Best doc ever
Awesome is all I can say about this doctor and his staff. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him!!

June 25th, 2015
Caring physician
Dr. Gornichec is a very caring, concerned physician who takes enough time to answer his patient's questions and explain any health care concerns.

May 1st, 2014
Patient
I recently went to Dr. Gornichec for unexplained pain in my abdominal area that I had been dealing with for 4 years. He listened to everything I had to say. He did not minimize anything that I had experienced. He explained in detail what testing would be necessary in order to determine what the source of my pain was. He explained that although many tests had been done previously that he prefers to do his own in order to see what is needed for his patients. Dr. Gornichec performed an abdominal reconstruction surgery to repair an incarcerated incisional hernia on me. I was very nervous the morning of surgery but, Dr. Gornichec reassured me of what was to come. He is very hands on and particular about the care his patients receive. I felt a trust with him from the very first visit. I will be eternally grateful that God brought Dr. Gornichec to our state. My condition would not have been repaired without his complete dedication to being thorough. Thank-you to Dr. Gornichec and his amazing office support staff. It feels like talking to friends when you are there. You know that they truly care about each of their patients.

August 22nd, 2011
He is a skilled surgeon
The skill of Dr Gornachec is undeniable. He has an awesome track record, and first and foremost that is the most important thing to me when picking a surgeon. He can be a little arrogant at times. But it is not necessarily offensive. I like a little swagger in the person that is going to be cutting me open, so for me it wasn't that big a deal. Bottom line, he gets the job done, he has a good track record and your in good hands with him.

May 3rd, 2011
I had my bypass performed robotically by Dr Gornichec. He is the only surgeon doing the procedure this way in Oklahoma.He did a great job and I left the hospital the next evening.His office staff is great and a lot of fun.I look forward to my follow up appointments to show them how much weight I have lost.I recommend the support groups because I always seem to learn something new from other patients.

November 24th, 2010
Great doctor. He is very patient and answered all of my questions. His office staff is wonderful. In my experience, if you are good to them, they treat you wonderfully. Kim runs the office and is one of the kindest people you will ever meet. She is very helpful and has quite the sense of humor. The staff is wonderful and very attentive. You get to talk with each of them everytime you come in for a pre-op appointment. There is no better doctor than Russell. He is the best of the best.

September 9th, 2010
Outstanding care, outstanding staff
Dr. Gornichec and his staff have been outstanding, both before and after my surgery. I've never had any difficulty getting an appointment scheduled (pre- or post-op), and whether I've seen Dr. Gornichec or his PA I've always gotten every question answered. I could not be more pleased with Dr. Gornichec and his staff.

April 15th, 2009
Mr. Gornichec was a good doctor at first but once I had the gastric bypass he became very arrogant and not very thorough.
Doctor's Response

Its regretful but understandable that this patient did not discuss this with me, as I would have apologized and made every effort to resolve the issue in question.

June 15th, 2017