Dr. Russell Homewood Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Russell Homewood?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Russell Homewood?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 8th, 2015

Put your trust in Homewood Family Medicine.

Dr. Homewood serves as an excellent primary physician. He is interested in providing thoughtful answers to any question. He looks at the broad spectrum of preventative measures, including age/gender-appropriate screenings, to ensure overall care is received. When specialists are required, his recommendations have been excellent. His great management skills are evident in the seamless coordination with his very qualified staff, from Tiffany at the front desk to the friendly P.A.'s that check me in and provide injections, etc.

August 19th, 2015

Beware of Billing Errors and Messing with Medications!

This is a terrible medical practice. Where to begin? My medications were all changed causing uncomfortable side-effects. I was frequently given medications to "quickly lower" blood pressure which left me dizzy and feeling unfocused. I discovered after starting with this office that my insurance would not cover any treatment related to my pre-existing condition (this was in 2012-2013) and requested to only have the necessary labs and procedures done, as I would need to pay for everything out of pocket. This was not done and if I did not come in according to their schedule, they would withhold the refills on my prescriptions. When it came to billing, I was billed for everything. I made arrangements to pay over time but payments were not credited, credited to someone else's account, or not auto-billed as I requested. When I was able, I paid the bill in full, only to be told that I still owed money. I dug up cancelled checks and bank records and told them that I had proof of payment. I got a letter from the billing department and thought all was well. That is until I started receiving collections calls. I sent in my proof of payment (cancelled checks with the OFFICE STAMP ON THE BACK) and was told that this did not count as "proof". I tried calling the billing department and never received an answer. I am not paying again what I have already paid and will fight this if the office ever decides to call me again.

April 6th, 2015

Wonderful Doctor

I have had Dr. Homewood for approximately 15 years. He has always listened to any medical issue I have had, and has always ordered any testing needed right away when necessary. When I have asked about having certain tests ran he orders them as well when needed. I have never had any problems through the years and I have recommended him to friends. They have said he is a wonderful Dr. as well. Thank you!

May 4th, 2014

Disgustingly dirty office

He's all about the money! Never listens and just dismisses you like your not good enough for his attention. His office is filthy. The carpet is totally disgusting and has probably never been cleaned. There are cracks and missing tile where there is tile on the floors. But worst of all, you can hear other peoples visits with him in other rooms. I wouldn't recommend him to treat my dog let alone anyone I know. Thoroughly and completely disgusted.

March 11th, 2014

I felt collecting money was more important that my health care. Beware! Mistakes by staff in codes. Some unfair charges were made. This happened three times. He lost our family and two families because of billing errors that we had no choice but to pay. The staff management say one thing and then do another.

August 18th, 2013

Excellent Doctor

Dr. Homewood is an excellent doctor and has an excellent staff who are very friendly. He listens and takes time to talk to me. He has a nice smile and good sense of humor, makes you feel at home. He has an excellent choice of PA'S. The waiting room is very clean and the wait time is minimal.

April 17th, 2013

Great experience

Short wait time, all my questions were answered, and all lab results returned promptly.

April 3rd, 2013

I have been seeing this Dr. for many years. Recently I moved over 50 miles away, but he is such a good Dr. I drive to see him anyway. Obtaining an apt. in a timely manner is easy. He always listens and is very kind.

February 23rd, 2013

Good doctor, nice guy

Dr Homewood is a very competent medical generalist with a pleasant outgoing manor. A good guy with a lack of the "standard doctor arrogance" so common today.

August 21st, 2012

Pro

Great staff, very friendly. This was my first visit and they made me feel right at home. Dr. Homewood let me explain why I was there, listen, then provide guidance. Very good bedside manner and helpful. I feel confident in him as my doctor and his staff to deal with the insurance companies.

August 4th, 2012

Definitely not recommended

There are serious confidentiality problems - I could hear entire conversations of him with the patient in the next room on several visits. The reason - at least 2 rooms share a huge window so the wall does not butt to anything so there is a 1-2 inch open gap between the rooms. I mentioned this to him and he 'played dumb'. He upcodes - bills for a higher level of service than I actually got. And when they call their billing office for you - they NEVER call you back. His office manager is extremely rude. When I asked him questions he was very arrogant and annoyed. His exam room smelled so he used some kind of automatic fragrant mist which also stunk.

May 3rd, 2012

Horrible Experience

Waited over 2 hours and never even got to see the Doctor. They didn't listen to my needs AT ALL! Very unprofessional. I will NEVER go back there! The office staff was nice. But that's not why I see a doctor!