Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Patient show details Patient
by Bridgette MacLean on Jul 6th, 2015

I went to Russell Hug seven years ago. Once was enough. I explained some of my medical issues. I am fairly healthy but have had asthma, sinus issues, headaches and the last issue was very embarrasing for me. I have suffered from foul smelling breath. I go to the dentist three times a year. Brush, floss, gargle, chew gum and mints. Russell hug never asked me about my dental hygiene. His great medical advise was to brush my teeth--to which he dictated verbally that patient is instructed to use dental hygiene. It is seven years later now. A Long story but I just found out I had a foreign object in my throat for forty years. It was removed a month ago. The surgeon who removed it informed me the OR stunk terribly from this object. It was a disc from a Star Trek tracer gun from the 70"s. I called Russell Hug's office to see him or talk to him. I wanted to tell him about my situation. I have seen many doctors over the years but I was so angry when I left his office. He was so arrogant and condescending to me. I wanted him to know he needs to LISTEN before he makes judgements. I do not think on seeing me once he could of helped me. But Dr frank Martilotti saw me once and changed my life. He listened..I have yet to hear from Mr Russell Hug. I do not have asthma it was the disc that inhibited my breathing. I was misdiagnosis for thirty plus years. Thanks for calling me .

Apr 13th, 2015

Dr. Hug has been my primary care physician for about 8 years now. He is very patient, spends as much time with me as I need and always answers my questions honestly. He will give options for medications and treatment based on my research or experience as well as my current insurance coverage.

Once was enough show details Once was enough
May 24th, 2013

I was looking for a new primary care physician and went to see Dr. Hug. From the moment we met he was rude, nasty, condescending and patronizing. Before knowing barely anything about my medical history he started handing out sweeping advice that contradicted what specialsists had told me. This guy definitely has a lot of personality issues that make him ill suited to be a medical practitioner and I would take my chances with the disease rather than go back to him. If you believe that you have the right to be treated with respect and dignity, Russell Hug is not for you.

Total Lack of Bedside Manner show details Total Lack of Bedside Manner
Mar 23rd, 2013

I found Dr. Hug to be one of the most uncaring Physicians I have ever seen. He was completely unsympathetic to my needs and condition. Total lack of bedside manner! I would recommend you see someone else if you are looking for the warm and fuzzy empathetic doctor!

Love this doctor show details Love this doctor
by Melba Gayle Gagnon on Feb 8th, 2013

Both my husband and myself have gone to Dr. Hug for years. He is warm, caring, down-to-earth, and intelligent. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for an excellent doctor.