Dr. Russell Nevins MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 7th, 2016
Great Care
I had my hip replacement surgery 5 years ago - done by Dr. Nevins. He was great, staff was wonderful, and it was the very first time I was ever in the hospital (other than being born), and he made the entire experience very easy. He is a wonderful surgeon and I breezed through the surgery and the recovery. He said he "hit a home run with me".

May 2nd, 2016
My husband had his hip replaced by Dr. Nevins. He has wonderful bedside manners and a very courteous staff. We would highly recommend him.

February 29th, 2016
Dr. Russell Nevins has performed two hip surgeries on me and each time I came out with no infections or any limp when I walk. Have recommended him to a few friends, one named Lynn had the hip surgery and was extremely satisfied. Definitely a great doctor, you can tell when talking with him that he really cares for his patients.

December 30th, 2015
He is an excellent Hip sugeon, kept us informed on all aspects, only negative was his scheduler who did not let him know that situation had become more urgent, but as soon as our son let him know via his cell phone he took care of the urgency of the situation

November 13th, 2015
One of two Dr's who saved my life!!
Thank you for all you done to contribute such expertise and compassion for you and Dr chan saved my leg

September 15th, 2015
Just an awesome staff and great Doctor!!!

September 1st, 2015
Great Doctor
I love this doctor. I have been going to him for over five years. He listens to you and gives all options to you. He is always pleasant and enjoyable. He makes you comfortable, which is very important so you feel as ease telling him what is really happening instead of being uncomfortable talking freely.

August 15th, 2015
Dont go unless you are willing to sign away your life..helps to be rich.
waited 3 months for appt. waited 3 hours to see doctor. filled out papers while waiting agreeing to pay for everyone in full and every medical bill in full no matter what insurance does. So everyone he sends me to can bill whatever they want and I had to agree to this else he would not see me at all after 3 month wait and 3 hour wait. Also if anything went to collection I agree to pay all costs there also. Guess the rich could afford to sign this. I signed but knew that visit was covered, Got to meet him personally, He was too busy to care. had read an RJ article on how great he was. Fool me once shame on you.

June 29th, 2015
Emergency surgery
I had s terrible accident and I was transported to Spring Valley Hospital. I'm 61 yrs old and very scared as I knew I wasn't walking out with a cast. Also not knowing the Doctors who was going to repair my knee? Within minutes and with all the activity Dr Nevins appeared. Through my pain and fear I immediately felt at ease. I was told by the staff that I was very fortunate that Dr Nevins was on the rotation plus he's the Chief of Surgery. Through all of this the bad news was delivered. I had a closed tibia fracture and Dr Nevins promptly and gently told me the bad news. I was whisked away to surgery and Dr Nevins was with me. Luckily he was able to give me a new knee and tibia. I'm not out of the woods yet it's only been 6 months since that fretful day but it's ok I have the Best of the Best Doctors anyone can ask for.

February 4th, 2015
Dr. Nevins is by far the best ortho I have ever met.

January 8th, 2015
patient
If you add professional expertise and maturity to the equation, Dr. Nevins matches the twelve tenets of the Boy Scouts-Trustworthy, loyal....... He is an excellent physician + much more

December 18th, 2014
Great Results
Dr. Nevins just replaced my second knee. It has only been a month and I am out playing golf. Not bad for a 72 year old. His skills are outstanding and he is on top of every study and new advancements in the field. I have recommended him to a number of friends and acquaintances and each and everyone were delighted with the results.