Dr. Russell Novak MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Sarasota, FL

April 11th, 2017
Dr. Novak came highly recommended by a number of former patients and colleagues. I was not disappointed by his expertise, care, and concern for my well-being. I appreciated his ability to speak to (not at) me about my procedure. The only "negative" I have is that I was less than happy about Dr. Novak's covering physician the weekend after my surgery. I was advised to take advil for my less than one day post-op pain...not acceptable in my opinion.

March 12th, 2017
The workup preoperatively was thorough with explanation of the procedure and alternatives. Surgery was rapid and uncomplicated. Negative pathology report phoned by the doctor was prompt. My husband, a retired gynecologist, agrees with the 5 stars

June 21st, 2016
Excellent respectful doctor. So impressed.

May 8th, 2016
Saved my life!

April 14th, 2016
He is a wonderful surgeon, very talented technically and bed side manner. Gives you all the time you need with him and answers all questions.

November 8th, 2015
I had a surgical removal of external hemorrhoids and a large polyp. Went home and about 5 hours later I was in so much pain. The pain medicine did not help at all. I called and went back in to see what he would do for the pain one week later. He said he wanted to check me, no knowing he was going to stick his finger up the rectum and I yelled out in pain as it was so bad. . He said he didn't realize I had surgery only one week prior. He said what do you want me to do, I stated I need something for the pain. He said what do you want me to give you. I said you are the doctor, he prescribed Dilaudid which did take most of the pain away. It is one surgery I would never have done again. A month of pain was just terrible.

October 29th, 2015
My experience with Dr. Novak and his staff was excellent. The level of professionalism (and knowledge about my condition) from both Dr. Novak and his nurses made me feel at ease with my decision to use him for my surgery. They made sure I was comfortable and clear on what would transpire during and after surgery. I am healing nicely and would use Dr. Novak in the future if I were in need of a surgeon.

October 28th, 2015
Dr Novacks nurse Kathy is AWESOME!!!!!

October 23rd, 2015
Dr Novak
Dr Novak is professional and on time. He is a great surgeon/doctor.

March 14th, 2015
dr novak is an excellent and caring surgeon. he gives personal attention and wonderful bedside manner.

February 8th, 2013
The Best in Sarasota!
Dr. Novak removed my gallbladder in Aug 2012, I was back to work in 1 week. He was very compassionate, his staff are exceptional and he is known for being the best in his field! 7 weeks later my daughter had to have the same procedure. Her procedure went flawless as well.

April 4th, 2011
Arrogant Butcher
My Girl went in for Lapriscopic(removal of Gulbladder) Puntchered her aorta,she bled out for 20 minutes,had to reopen her abdomin and had to call in a vascular specialest to repair the damage,blood tranfusion and when they repaired everything her belly button is off center and her scar runs from sternum to uterus.She now delvoped a extremely hernia where the abdominal wall was cut. No remorse and she got sent a bill for the vascular surgeon. You can't even sue the guy cause he has a monoply on Attornie's in the area,and now shes past her statued of limitations. He could have at least said he was sorry ..if you value you body and health..dont go to this qwak.