Urologist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Cold Doctor  |  show details
by Anonymous on Sep 24th, 2014

He always interrupts when I'm trying to speak, doesn't give me the chance to advocate for my health. And then he gets annoyed when I couldn't afford a $1000 ultra sound. His beside manner is horrible, he only cares about money. When I paid him a second visit, he told me to drink water and go home, and just rushed me out.

|  Disappointing  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2014

I chose Dr. Owens based on these reviews, and was excited to speak with a doctor who might understand my problem and offer various methods of treatment. I was sadly disappointed however...he did not turn out to be compassionate to my situation whatsoever, and his bedside manner was cold. He didn't let me speak about any of my symptoms or experiences for more than a minute or so before he cut me off with his opinion. Not only did he not listen very well, the entire visit seemed rushed, like he had better things to get to. At the end of the visit (which he ended quite quickly), he also didn't ask if he had answered all my questions or if I had any more, he just stood up, handed me my chart, and waited there until I got up, his body language implying that the visit was over. I came in for a sensitive urological issue that has been persisting for a while, and I was quickly told the exact same things I have always been told, and then shooed out the door. He quickly dismissed other opinions of treatment I had read about, and didn't consider or listen to what I may have wanted. Overall it felt like I was a number for him to bill insurance under, and I feel like the visit was completely useless and disappointing. I would have felt better even if he would have simply just listened and let me speak for a while. I will not be back.

|  patient  |  show details
by cheryl l sanders on Sep 29th, 2013

hi Dr. Owens i hope u get to read this. we met some time in November 2011. my kidney was failing bad at that time.u did a biopsey on my left kidney and found it had cancer and had to have it removed.at that time i was so emotional i remember you talking to me and trying to make me laugh. i remember bursting out in tears and you looked me straight in my face and said"i have some nice pens would you like one and u told me now i am going to do your surgery and u are going to be fine.from this day to this u have become my favorite doctor. i just want to thank u so much for calming me and my family fears all the way through the surgery after and still up to this date. u made it very easy to trust and believe u knew what u were doing and i could make it through this. I THANK GOD 1ST AND U DR.OWENS I COULD NEVER HAVE FOUND A BETTER SURGEON THAN U IF I PICKED U MYSELF. I know see u every six months for a check up and i look forward to my visit. Thanks Dr. owens u are SIMPLY THE BEST.

|  show details
Oct 4th, 2011

Dr. Owens is among the best in the area. Very thorough and professional but still personal in his bedside manner. Overall, we're very pleased with the care we've been provied here.

|  show details
Jan 26th, 2011

Dr. Owens is the best urologist. Very caring bedside manner. He is a very supportive Dr. Very knowledgable. I would tell everyone to go see him. His office staff is very nice and professional.

|  ok doctor  |  show details
by RP on Jun 3rd, 2010

ok doctor

|  Caring and Thorough  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2009

Dr Owens is very knowledgeable and thorough. His advice is for you and not his own benefit (Get a second opinion). He really cares for his patients and keeps up with the state of the art. I think, as do others, that he is probably the best in this area.