A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Portenoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Portenoy is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Portenoy
Migraines Patient Education Vitals patient guide for information about migranes, a neurological disorder that causes tension headaches and nausea.Before Visiting Dr. Portenoy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Portenoy, MD is board certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Migraine Disorders
- Nerve Pain (Neuralgia)
- Palliative Care
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Portenoy graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore.
Dr. Portenoy has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Russell Keith Portenoy MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Pain Medicine, Pain Medicine, and Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Russell K. Portenoy practice?
- Dr. Russell Portenoy has 2 office locations.
Dr. Russell Portenoy practices Pain Medicine, Pain Medicine, and Hospice & Palliative Medicine near New York, NY.
See New York Pain Management Doctors, New York Neurologists, and New York Hospice & Palliative Specialists.