A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Portenoy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Portenoy is Below Average.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Portenoy, MD is board certified in Hospice & Palliative Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Nerve Pain (Neuralgia)
- Palliative Care
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Portenoy graduated from University of Maryland , Baltimore. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Portenoy has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Beth Israel Medical Center Petrie Division
- St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital/St. Luke's Hospital Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Russell Keith Portenoy MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Pain Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, and Pain Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Russell K. Portenoy practice?
- Dr. Russell Portenoy has 2 office locations.
Dr. Russell Portenoy practices Pain Medicine, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, and Pain Medicine near New York, NY.
See New York Pain Management Doctors and New York Neurologists.