Dr. Russell Rapoza MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Fountain Valley, CA

June 3rd, 2014
THE BEST IN ALL CALIFORNIA
The BEST Dr. Ever. And the staff what can I say WONDERFUL. Every time I call to make an appointment it is so easy to get in. Not like any other office. Alex has been there for years, she makes me feel so comfortable. I had to get my annual exam done and Dr. Rapoza comes in the room asking me for my daughter (that he deliverws) and remembers her name. Come on what Dr does that. Then after that I come out of the room while Alex is speaking to another patient I wanted to get some blood work done and Myra gets up tells me to have a seat and does it in a heartbeat. No pain, no poking me several times, or digging with the needle like they end up doing in the labs. I mean this girls are are a team. Dr. Rapoza is so lucky to have a great staff. A week after exactly I get a call from the girls letting me know of my normal results. What other office does that? I highly recommend Dr. Rapoza and his staff to all my girlfriends.

June 3rd, 2014
THE BEST IN ALL CALIFORNIA

December 12th, 2013
I THOUGHT WRONG
Hello don't get him wrong as a bad guy but I thought he was the best obgyn bet I was wrong. It was all good n gravy the way he would explain when I asked questions but after a third miscarriage I wanted answers who wouldn't...he always told me just try again....like if its that easy......well on my third miscarriage I thought I been through it all but it was the worst one. I went to er cuz I was spotting for three week's already n I would call the office to let them know but they said no worries it can happen the first trimester so I go on thinking everything is ok but one night woke up vomiting so I then was at er explaining what they meaning front desk n dr rapoza would tell me n they did an ultrasound letting me know I miscarried. Well the thing is they called him n told him I needed an emergency DNC. He said I will be fine to let me go n see him on Monday. Well the er didn't let me go cuz I was with a high fever, vomiting, n sweating like crazy so they got another dr to do it the best ever dr. E Tracey. She did the DNC n a month later she did a procedure finding out y I was keep on miscarring n she found a tissue in my uterus...THANKS to Dr rapoza I would of never found out I would just be told just keep trying...Well if u don't get answers move on to another.

April 25th, 2013
Mother of a healthy 5 year old boy...
I have just seen my review that i have posted back 5 years ago right after my delivery. Brought me back to good memories. I would like to thank you again Dr Rapoza, my lovely boy is now 5 years old, i want to send you his photos please advice how can i do so.... You are a great doctor and person...It saddened me to see even 1 bad review, that person really is an evil, by the way i had Medical as well...

June 27th, 2011
best doctor
Dr. rapoza is an awesome doctor. He took care of me from the time I was 8 weeks pregnant until I delivered my son. He is a very caring and professional doctor.

June 27th, 2011
best doctor

April 26th, 2011
Awesome and WOW
I had my first appointment with Dr. Rapoza today. I started out a little bit apprehensive. My appointment was about 1 hour past. I talked to other ladies in the waiting room and they assured me that it was worth the wait. I'm a bit of an emotional/hormonal mess so who knows where this could have ended up. I met Dr. Rapoza before my exam and he was so considerate and personable. Within 20 minutes I knew this was going to be the Dr. that would deliver my future babies. He's so easy to talk to and and I'm a bit shy. I would recommend him to every one I know and I feel blessed to have found him after all the baby making factories I came across before I met him.He really enjoys what he does and it shows as a person who has worked in the medical field for years I can give him a 5 star rating because I know above average care.

February 28th, 2011
Dedicated and Devoted
I had just moved here from Hawaii.And had to find another doctor.I went to see a few doctors before i had stated receiving care though Dr.Rapoza.If you like independent practices then "i highly recommend" that you go though his care.his office is clean and comfortable.Waiting room is nice and welcoming and has plenty of space for Patience and kids.Overall he made me feel safe comfortable under his care.

January 6th, 2011
Dr. Russell is the greatest OB GYN i have ever been to... hes caring and a very funny doctor...

January 6th, 2011

December 13th, 2010
I had the worst experience with Dr. Rapoza. From beginning to end he made me feel uncomfortable. He descriminated against me because I have Medi-cal insurance and even made several remarks about my weight while I was on the operating table having my baby. He has terrible bed side manner and I would never wish my birthing experience I had with him on my worst enemy. Please please reconsider choosing Dr. Russell Rapoza as your doctor.
Doctor's Response

At least 75% of my patients are on Medi-Cal, and many are overweight. It is not my practice to make remarks about patients' weight. I am particularly sensitive to this issue since my mother struggled with her weight all of her life. Although this patient did not reveal her name, I know that I have only had one patient in the past 2 years who expressed dissatisfaction with my care, and she was delivered on December 7th. She was upset that I confronted her about a report from a local pharmacist that she had stolen prescription pads from another doctor's office. I refused to give her more narcotics and turned her pain management issues over to a pain specialist. This specialist gave her a prescription for narcotics on the day of her discharge, and 2 days after discharge she called my office requesting more narcotics. When I refused this request, she remarked on her "shitty" care and never came for her followup visits. I hope for the sake of her family that she is able to overcome her narcotic dependency

October 11th, 2010
So glad I found this Dr.
I am a mother of three and expecting my 4th. Dr Rapoza was my Dr. for my third and it was a completly different experience from my first two. He explained everyting to me and made sure I understood what was going on, he always made me feel comfortable, his office is a very clean and relaxing enviorment and his staff is very friendly. I would NEVER go to another doctor other than Dr. Rapoza. If you are looking for a great caring Dr. who you feel you can trust give him a call. You will NOT be dissapointed!