inactive

Russell R Shipman DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 17th, 2014
If you bring your child to see him, do not expect to be treated as an individual. Myself and MANY others in the community have realized that anytime you bring a concern to him he has the same answer for everyone. He doesn't take time to hear you out, he instantly tells you what the problem is. Well myself and other people in the community have realized that during these times he has been wrong. I do believe that if he gave you the time to talk and treated your kids like there own people he would be able to find out what is actually wrong. But he doesn't. He wants you in and out and could care less about what is actually happening! Don't waste your time with this doctor!

February 24th, 2013
Our favorite pediatrician
Dr. Shipman has been my child's/children's pediatrician for three years (spread over five years, since we are a military family and move around). He is such a great pediatrician and has really turned into the gold standard for us. He is very knowledgeable, gentle, and personable. With such a small practice, he always was aware of any medical issues any of my four children had, knew them all by name, remembered their medical histories without referring to their medical charts, took the time to answer questions and explain fully. My kids and I were very comfortable with Shipman Pediatrics. They have a colorful, pleasant office with at least three staff that have been there throughout the entire time we've known them. Dr. Shipman is, in my view, just the right kind of pediatrician. If I was more concerned about an issue with one of my children than he was, he was always willing to order a test for confirmation. He was very respectful of the parents' decision making, but if he truly thought that something should be treated, he would let us know that. We really trusted his judgment. When one of my children was a baby, he heard a heart murmur, told me very specifically what he thought was wrong, and was proven exactly accurate by a pediatric cardiologist after an echo! Great pediatricians are very hard to leave behind when making a military move. I wish Shipman Pediatrics the very best!

February 3rd, 2013
first impression
first time the child was lying on the examining table restless and was only 5 ..the table is close to the wall and was told....take your feet off the wall....by the person who brought him in....after the exam the child was still on the examining table and while waiting for final instructions the child reached up to touch the hanging dangling fish mobile...of interest and a tease to any active 5 yr old and was told by the Dr "Don't touch it..it's not a toy"....so why have such an enticement within a child's reach....I say remove it if you don't want a child to reach for it. I understand the purpose of it being a distraction but also not good if a child is restless and waiting....two reprimands in one visit...on the way out I called the child to come with me..all was in control...the assistant spoke up and told the child to listen....great Doctor but left with an uncomfortable feeling and knew the child felt like he had been spoken to 3 times in one visit.....sorry but thought too much intervention was inappropriate. Also, remove the mobile if it is within a child's reach if you don't want him to touch it.....might seem trivial but it was a first impression and left me uncomfortable and the child also.