Dr. Russell Tigges Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Russell Tigges?

May 26th, 2017

So glad I saw Dr. Tigges

What a super Doctor. Very easy to talk to, very straight forward and a great sense of humor! A+++

February 13th, 2017

Fractured Fibula

I do not remember the age I was when I saw him but I believe I was 10 or 11. I was sleigh riding and I fractured my fibula and Dr. Tiggis was a very nice doctor and I would recommend him to anyone!!

June 6th, 2016

A Great Doctor

I trust him!!

November 8th, 2015

Total Knee Replacement

It has been approximately 10 years now since my full knee Replacement. My recovery took approx. six weeks - I was walking on the third day after surgery with only a cane. Most importantly, I did NOT get Staph Infection with from this procedure with Dr. Tigges. What can I say, Great man with Great skills and attributes.

July 20th, 2015

Still in pain

September 6th, 2013

May be a good surgeon but....

First of all, he lies. I had bilateral hip replacements and after 6 months the pain was getting worse. He told me to give it a year. I came back to him after a year and told him I was no better. He said "X-rays look fine" and I'm the only one having this problem. He couldn't get rid of me fast enough. I called him when I heard about the DePuy ASR recall and he told me not to worry, I didn't have that one. I found out it wasn't true and confronted him with his lie. Our relationship went downhill after that. He was very nasty and condescending toward me. When the requested metal test came back with elevated numbers, he called me and said I needed revision surgery ASAP but again lied and said I was the only one having this problem. I can't go into how I know this to be a lie but suffice to say I have proof. The revision went horribly wrong and it's been 3 years with worse pain then before. He doesn't care about me at all, he only cares about the big corporation who dumps loads of money on him.

May 24th, 2013

Not impressed

My right knee had to be revised 3 1/2 years after it was replaced by Dr. Tigges. He did not put in the correct size plastic insert between the metal Depuy components in my right knee.

February 27th, 2013

Not the best bedside manner. Still in pain.

I felt as though after the surgery I could have had better attention paid to my condition. It has changed my ability to walk well and I have constant swelling. I felt he was no longer interested, but didn't recommend any help for me. I did physical therapy and all excersize that was required. I had to go for chiropractic care because my limping had altered my gait. At one point I retuned to get an injection in my hip to remedy the pain. Another doctor saw me.I was told this was bursitis. They didn't seem happy that I had returned and cared more about payment than my pain. Perhaps because this was workmanship comp. I assured them I had other insurance and gave them all needed info. I felt this was a very demeaning attitude.

February 26th, 2012

Excellent Surgeon

Dr Tigges replaced both my knees. The huge drawback is the long wait time to get an appt. with him.

December 14th, 2011

My surgery was a very positive experience at Northern Dutchess Hospital in Rhinebeck, NY. Dr. Tigges is an excellent doctor with fantastic bedside manners. My surgery today (on my knee) went so smoothly with everything today on schedule. All the hospital staff today were very personable and professional, they did whatever they could do to make me comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Tigges and Northern Dutchess Hospital. My initial appointment took quite a while to get (2 months. He is a very popular doctor, but well worth the wait.

August 14th, 2011

Dr. Tigges is a wonderful doctor. He does not rope anybody into any surgeries at all. He is a very busy doctor because he comes highly recommened by everyone you meet. Yes, you do see a nurse practioner after the surgery but she is more than qualified to help and if she can't she calls him. You are right only people that have nothing good to say are the people that write these reviews.

December 4th, 2010

Arrogant

He did my surgery and he forgot who I was. Didnt return my calls and gave me to a other doctor. A jerk and I wish I went to a different doctor so I would have better care.