Dr. Russell Tigges MD Patient Reviews

A Great Doctor
I trust him!!

November 8th, 2015
Total Knee Replacement
It has been approximately 10 years now since my full knee Replacement. My recovery took approx. six weeks - I was walking on the third day after surgery with only a cane. Most importantly, I did NOT get Staph Infection with from this procedure with Dr. Tigges. What can I say, Great man with Great skills and attributes.

September 18th, 2014
Forget him
After leaving a message on the answering machine 3 times, I am still waiting to hear back from him or the staff at the very least.....

September 5th, 2013
May be a good surgeon but....
First of all, he lies. I had bilateral hip replacements and after 6 months the pain was getting worse. He told me to give it a year. I came back to him after a year and told him I was no better. He said "X-rays look fine" and I'm the only one having this problem. He couldn't get rid of me fast enough. I called him when I heard about the DePuy ASR recall and he told me not to worry, I didn't have that one. I found out it wasn't true and confronted him with his lie. Our relationship went downhill after that. He was very nasty and condescending toward me. When the requested metal test came back with elevated numbers, he called me and said I needed revision surgery ASAP but again lied and said I was the only one having this problem. I can't go into how I know this to be a lie but suffice to say I have proof. The revision went horribly wrong and it's been 3 years with worse pain then before. He doesn't care about me at all, he only cares about the big corporation who dumps loads of money on him.

May 24th, 2013
Not impressed
My right knee had to be revised 3 1/2 years after it was replaced by Dr. Tigges. He did not put in the correct size plastic insert between the metal Depuy components in my right knee.

February 27th, 2013
Not the best bedside manner. Still in pain.
I felt as though after the surgery I could have had better attention paid to my condition. It has changed my ability to walk well and I have constant swelling. I felt he was no longer interested, but didn't recommend any help for me. I did physical therapy and all excersize that was required. I had to go for chiropractic care because my limping had altered my gait. At one point I retuned to get an injection in my hip to remedy the pain. Another doctor saw me.I was told this was bursitis. They didn't seem happy that I had returned and cared more about payment than my pain. Perhaps because this was workmanship comp. I assured them I had other insurance and gave them all needed info. I felt this was a very demeaning attitude.

February 26th, 2012
Excellent Surgeon
Dr Tigges replaced both my knees. The huge drawback is the long wait time to get an appt. with him.

December 13th, 2011
My surgery was a very positive experience at Northern Dutchess Hospital in Rhinebeck, NY. Dr. Tigges is an excellent doctor with fantastic bedside manners. My surgery today (on my knee) went so smoothly with everything today on schedule. All the hospital staff today were very personable and professional, they did whatever they could do to make me comfortable. I highly recommend Dr. Tigges and Northern Dutchess Hospital. My initial appointment took quite a while to get (2 months. He is a very popular doctor, but well worth the wait.

August 14th, 2011
Dr. Tigges is a wonderful doctor. He does not rope anybody into any surgeries at all. He is a very busy doctor because he comes highly recommened by everyone you meet. Yes, you do see a nurse practioner after the surgery but she is more than qualified to help and if she can't she calls him. You are right only people that have nothing good to say are the people that write these reviews.

December 4th, 2010
Arrogant
He did my surgery and he forgot who I was. Didnt return my calls and gave me to a other doctor. A jerk and I wish I went to a different doctor so I would have better care.

November 10th, 2010
Dr. Russell Tigges is wonderful
I broke my right femur & femure neck area. I laid in Northern Dutchess Hospital under great care for me and my pain for two days while other Doctors refered my family to him. Dr. Tigges reviewed my records and agreed to fix me, he did so and then the after care ( office visits) he was patient and answered all my family and my questions. 7 months to the day I broke my left femur and upon arrival to Northern Dutchess Er I requested Dr. Russell Tigges, who once again fixed me. I still have problems with my right leg, no fault of Dr. Tigges but upon my first fall I also did nerve damage, Dr. Tigges refered me to one of his team members and they are assisting me. I can not say enough Good about Dr. Tigges or his fellow Drs. or Northern Dutchess Hospital

September 18th, 2009
Dr. Tigges needs to learn what bedside manner is. I went in very scared and he showed no compassion and once the Hip replacment surgery was done, so was he!! Didn't even have the courtesy to see me after the surgery or for my follow up. Still in constant pain and have many questions and he will not schedule an appoitment with me. I am very disatisfied!!!!