A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Porter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Porter is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Porter, MD is board certified in Family Medicine, Family Medicine - Geriatric Medicine, and Family Medicine - Sports Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Porter graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Porter has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center
- Winthrop University Hospital
- South Nassau Communities Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Porter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Russell W. Porter practice?
Dr. Russell Porter practices Family Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, Sports Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Sports Medicine near Rockville Centre, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Oceanside, NY.
See Rockville Centre Family Physicians, Rockville Centre Geriatric Doctors, and Rockville Centre Surgeons.