A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Wood:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Wood is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Wood, FACC, FACS, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Esophageal Diseases
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Lung Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Wood graduated from University of Arkansas , Little Rock.
Dr. Wood has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Washington Regional Medical Center at No Hills
- NW Medical Center Washington County
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Wood accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield - 30 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Humana - 11 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Russell H. Wood practice?
Dr. Russell Wood practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Surgery, Vascular Surgery, and Adult Medicine near Fayetteville, AR.
Additional practice locations include: Springdale, AR.
See Fayetteville Surgeons and Fayetteville Family Physicians.