Family Practitioner, General Practitioner, Internists, Pediatrician

6135 S 90th East Ave
Tulsa, OK 74133
918-742-1996
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Lou W. on Mar 9th, 2014

I am quite impressed with Dr. Miller. I have found her to be kind, caring and compassionate in addition to extremely knowledgeable. She emphasized to me the importance of timely checks for mammograms and bone density tests, and relates the results to me in a professional manner. I have been her patient for many years and will continue to be.

by DON'T SEE THIS DR on Jun 10th, 2013

Her staff is great, frankly I don't know why they stay with her. Dr. Miller is not friendly, requires a lot of blood tests, she talks down to you and make you feel bad for asking questions. I asked her why I was lacking Vit D when I am outside all the time and she snapped back at me and said "ARE YOU A FIELD WORKER, CAUSE IF YOU AREN'T THEN YOU DON'T ENOUGHT SUN!" I would not go to her, there are better doctors in town. Save your money and go to someone who enjoys their job.

|  Great!  |  show details
May 15th, 2013

I have started going to Dr. Miller I find her extremely thorough and helpful! I see these bad reviews and am very confused! Her staff is very kind also!

|  DONT GO!!!!  |  show details
by jerked around on Apr 3rd, 2013

She is a quack. Its about seeing you for 3 mins for a refill, not about making you better. Then she offers the Hebalife. What a joke. In 3 months i saw her 4 times, never got better.. But she got a house payment!!! She refers often for scripts to one place and will make you get too much bloodwork. She must be getting kickbacks... Also there is never anyone there but me, so that should have told me something.

Feb 27th, 2013

I found Dr. Miller to be an unsympathetic and incompetent doctor. She knew I had fibromyalgia before I visited her, yet instead of providing treatment or a recommendation to a doctor familiar with fibromyalgia, she acted as if I were crazy and lazy (despite the fact that she knew I was a successful and hardworking grad student). She asked me once "Why are you always so tired?," implying that I didn't want to do schoolwork because I was a slacker, not because I had a physical problem. I understand that doctors can't know everything, but since I was seeking her help with issues like fatigue and had a diagnosis of fibromyalgia from another doctor, I expected her to treat me as a patient with a legitimate concern instead of someone whose problems were all in my head. She also did not diagnose my thyroid problems, which I've now learned mimic many of the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Once I get treatment perhaps my problems with fatigue, mental cloudiness, and widespread pain will clear up...two years after I visited Dr. Miller.

Sep 26th, 2012

I thought Dr. Miller was wonderful. She had a great bed-side manner. She didn't seem hurried like some doctors do. She listened to my concerns and addressed them with me. I am very pleased with the appointment and will continue seeing her as a patient.

Apr 22nd, 2012

Dr. Miller has been a wonderful doctor. She is very thorough and goes over all of my blood work during my appointments with printouts to take home. She's is very attentive and listens to all of my questions and concerns.

|  Total Caring  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2012

Wonderful staff, easy to get an appt., beautiful and comfortable office. Dr. Miller makes this midlifer female feel heard and works with my goals while looking out for my health!

|  Scheduling an Appointment  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

I just tried to schedule an appointment, which was in itself a difficult process, but then the lady making the appointment was saying things like "your insurance isn't on our We Do Not Take list." It makes me very skeptical, then when trying to schedule she asked for my credit card information over the phone. I understand this is becoming a practice among most doctors, however I have usually been asked to fill it out on an actual piece of paper with disclosures at the office, not over the phone to just make an appointment. It also says nothing about needing Credit Card information to make an appointment on the website. Also, after reading through the website I feel like this is an insult to my intelligence. Needless to say, I will not be scheduling an appointment or passing along any positive comments about my experience.

Apr 14th, 2012

I love Dr Miller!!!! I've gone to her for years & she's never failed to diagnose me correctly yet! She is kind & compassionate each time I have been for an appointment. Nobody pleases everybody all the time but I do believe any reasonable person will love her too!!

|  Wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

I liked Dr Miller and her office. She was concerned about what I had to say and made suggestions to help me. I have lots of problems and most doctors, and for sure PAs and Nurse Practictioners, dont know what to do. Its overwhelming for me so I can see how they have a hard time knowing what to do since I have lots of medical issues. One of my big problems is my weight. Since I hurt so much, I cant exercise to help lose, but Dr Miller gave me several choices on how to lose weight that wouldnt end up hurting me and not keep gaining it back. I have already tried weight watchers so I picked Herbalife and have lost 20 pounds so far. I love it. Im so glad to find something that is healthy and easy to do forever. It was nice to find a Dr who had good suggestions and not just say eat less and exercise more. If that was working, I wouldn't be fat. Im feeling better losing weight plus Dr Miller is helping me with all my other problems too. What a blessing to find her.

|  Excellent Doctor Who Cares About Her Patients  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Miller's since my childhood. I now am in my mid-thirties and have a family of my own. She has always taken great care of me and my family. Dr. Miller has a huge heart for all her patients and for making sure that patients are cared for based on their needs and not having their care dictated by a large conglomerate practice or insurance. Dr. Miller is in private practice so that she can give the best care. At times throughout the years, there has been a wait time that varies with each appointment. This in my opinion is due to the nature of how she practices medicine. She uses her appt time with you to ensure that all of the needs are met. Sometimes, it is a very quick visit and other times she is in the back writing/researching a prescription, plan or packet of information to give to you. Even if you don't see her physically, she is still working on your issues. She is a humble doctor, in the sense that if she is unable to determine the cause of your symptoms, she is always willing to collaborate and refer you out to other doctors, when needed. Dr. Miller incorporates many aspects of care in her treatment of you as patient. She has helped me with psychological, emotional, physical, hormonal and spiritual issues. Dr. Miller has caught mistakes that other doctors and specialists have missed throughout the years while treating my family. Many times she will contact them to discuss their findings or let them know what she has seen on the x-rays/scans. One issue specifically, was caught only because she cared about my relative enough to double check the results and was right on with what the actual problem was even though the radiologist had misinterpreted it. This kept us from long term complications. Overall, I encourage everyone to use her as their family doctor and establish a long term doctor-patient relationship with her. You will be glad you did.

|  DR RUTH MILLER IS A GREAT DR  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2011

Dr Ruth Miller is a great doctor and sincerely does all she can to help patients. She has been my Dr for years and I havent felt this good in years thanks to Dr Miller. My family goes to her and many of my friends. I have worked in several Drs offices and I have found that if the Dr really cares and tries to give his expertise to patients, patients wait because its hard to know exactly how long each appointment will last. Plus there are lots of behind the scenes things that need to be done. They may be waiting on a report that another office hasnt sent or deciding the best plan for the patient. I like that Dr Miller gives patients choices. When my cholesterol turned out high, she gave me information and discussed with me options of medicines, supplements of my choice with her suggestions and/or change how I eat. I think its nice when someone offers me free water or tea.Dr Miller has always had a variety of supplements available in her office, but they are just to help people if they want them. She and I discussed what I could do to lose weight which included several reasonable healthy options. I like that. If I had all the answers I wouldnt need to go to a Dr and ask for them to help me. I have lost 20 pounds and kept it off on Herbalife. I love it and its safe.When I go to the store or the mall or drive across town, I never know exactly how long it will take with traffic jams and lines. Its the same at appointments. I take my Kindle or a book with me and read at the Drs office instead of gripe about it. Some people are way too critical.

|  This was not a good experience... Will not go back or refer anyone.  |  show details
Aug 3rd, 2011

My office visit took 1.5 hours and at that point when I was still waiting I got up and walked out. Most of my appointment was spent waiting on her to return. In an hour and a half I may have seen her for 10 minutes. She did not want to listen to what was going on with me and help me find a solution she just wanted to make me feel like there was nothing wrong. I wasted my money going to this office. There was only one other patient in the office so my wait was not due to them being really busy which would have been understandable. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She was more worried about selling her herbal supplements than treating her patients.

|  KIND AND CARING DOC  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2011

BEEN A PATIENT OF DR MILLER'S FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND HER TO BE KIND AND COURTEOUS. I FIND IT RIDICULOUS THAT ANYONE WOULD ACCUSE HER OF BEING JUDGEMENTAL OF ANYONE'S RACE!PLEASE PEOPLE, CAN YOU NOT COME UP WITH A BETTER SLAM THAN THAT!! IF SHE HAS ACCUSED SOMEONE OF STEALING I'M SURE SHE HAD VALID REASONS FOR DOING SO. I HAVE KNOWN HER FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND DO NOT BELIEVE SHE WOULD ACCUSE SOMEONE OF THAT UNLESS SHE TRUELY HAD REASON. OBVIOUSLY THE PERSON WHO ACCUSED THE DOC OF BEING UGLY TOWARD SOMEONE BECAUSE THEY ARE BLACK OR HAVE BI-RACIAL CHILDREN DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT! THE ONLY NEGATIVE I CAN SAY ABOUT HER IS I DONT LIKE TO HAVE HERBALIFE PRODUCTS PUSHED ON ME!

|  herbalife comes first here....  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2011

Ok, is this a Dr office or herbalife store??? I am switching doctors because each visit, she tries to get me to buy herbalife and tries to convince me that it will cure whatever is wrong with me. she even fixed me a cup of the tea and have me a flyer to get a free shake....I want a Dr not this stuff. Come on, if u want to sell that stuff, fine, nursing it on your time, not mine that my insurance is paying for. ....

Jun 15th, 2011

Dr. Miller goes beyond standard care treatment. Asks many questions and takes her time understanding before diagnosing.

|  ITII'S TIME TO SHOW RESPECT FOR DOCTORS  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr Miller is accepting and non judgmental. I have seen Dr Ruth Miller many times and always find her to be kind, understanding, and knowledgeable. Its time people showed respect for doctors. Too many people vent their own slanted views because they must just be rude people. It is not a HIPPA violation for others to know a person is a doctors patient. If it were, there would have to be secret doors to every doctors office and no waiting rooms. I hope mean selfish critical people go somewhere else and leave Dr Miller to help people who really need her help and are appreciative. Obvervation of a patient may sometimes be the best exam. She does vital signs but if my problem isnt a fever or high blood pressure, I dont want that done everytime so we can get to whats bothering me. Vitals or not dont make a good doctor or office. I am willing to wait for the kind of quality help Dr Miller gives but its rarely a long time and I try to schedule enough time in my day for all of my appointments. Drs visits arent vending machines for pills and who knows if a patient scheduled before me but I came in first. I hope these hateful patients leave Dr Miller and do their harm somewhere else. It IS important to be nice.

|  Dr. Miller id mediocre  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

Dr. Miller does not do vitals, she doesn't examine you and most of the time she doesn't weigh you like other Dr's do. She also doesn't have a nurse or an assistant to assist her, she just has a person to answer the phones. She does listen to you, but her bedside manner is nonchalant. She does order you a battery of test at another facilty to find out your problem if you still have problems after taking the medications. But I also have high cholestrol which was shown on my test, but she will not give me any medication for that even after I asked. She doesn't prescribe refills so that you have to make an appointment each time to get a refill, and that means more money that she gets from your insurance and from you. I had an appointment with her at 1:30 and another patient had a appointment at 2:00, which the person came after 2:00. She took the patient before me and when the receptionist told her that I was ahead of the other person, she just shrugged it off. You see I am a Black person and the receptionist who is White has Black kids. The receptionist told me that ever since the Dr. found out that her kids were Black, the Dr. has been giving her a hard time; even accusing her of money being missing. Usually you have to wait over an hour or sometimes 2 hours after your appointment to see her. There are some pros and cons about seeing Dr. Miller; however; the cons seem to be winning, and I will be seeking another physician soon. And don't let her website fool you.

Jun 8th, 2011

Does not check vitals signs, only checks weight. Orders a lot of lab that has to be drawn elsewhere because her office has no testing facilities. Went to get my lab drawn and the orders had not been faxed as they were supposed to be-when the lab personell called Dr. Millers office they were told they weren't even sure I was even a patient at her office. I had been going there for over a year!!

|  Judgemental and unethical  |  show details
May 11th, 2011

Ruth Miller is like no other physician I have ever met with. First of all, she provides on odd, rambling statement written in the 3rd person about how kind, compassionate and caring she is. I experienced her as aloof, rude, condescending and judgmental.She informs the patient that you may have to wait an hour or more for your appointment and that her slogan is to "be nice or leave" or you will "be stuck on the bottom of the stack". I'm serious!I guess her time and schedule is more important than yours. I have seen Drs who are kind and thorough w/o this attitude. She repeatedly dismissed my chronic pain "everybody has that" and other issues and informed me that she didn't prescribe pain Rx. I never asked her to. In fact I have decreased my pain medication by 80%, lost 50 lbs, exercise 6 days a week and quit smoking over the last year in order to improve my health and pain and it is my plan to completely stop narcotic pain Rx w/in 2-3 mos. I have multiple orthopedic problems and several surgeries. Yet she treated me like a drug seeker. She asked me questions about my profession and training and then made very rude and condescending comments about my answers and the clients that I treat who suffer from PTSD. "Oh everyone thinks they have PTSD for the littlest thing!" Really? She asked me who I thought were good counselors in the area and when I mentioned one woman she said "Oh, she's a patient of mine." Major HIPPA confidentiality violation. She did absolutely no exam and did not address multiple issues I brought up or included in the paperwork. She offered no assessment or suggestions. Just criticism and judgement. Yet she ordered lab tests some of which are irrelevant. I think she picks and chooses who she treats well. It helps if you are a traditional Christian and straight. I left feeling crushed and angry during a time in my life when I am physically and emotionally hurting.

|  Good at diagnosing but not very professional  |  show details
May 4th, 2011

Dr Miller was the only doctor in many years to find I have Rheumatoid arthiritis and Lupus but she only wants to go over my tests and does not want to deal with more than that. She told me I would need to make another appointment to talk about more. I would also have to make my appointment for late in the afternoon because it could take 2 hrs to get back to the room and then you could wait another hour for her to write up your prescriptions. She also will not call in any refill or approve refills you must do that at the appointment. Her office is not professional at all. She does not delegate to her employees and as a physician does too much herself. I work at a doctors office and it would drive me crazy to go in there. She really digs in to find the root of the problem but maintaining an ongoing relationship is not easy. She also gets very snippy if you have to go to the urgent care and someone else prescribes prescriptions.If you can deal with all the weird stuff and want a diagnosis then she is the person for you, but I couldn't take the other stuff.

|  change in opinion  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2011

i had been seeing dr miller for over a year, and i really liked her. and i had some changes and i feel like my requests were ignored, and i feel like her office staff was rude.

|  SAVED MY LIFE MANY TIMES IN 20 YEARS  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2010

Dr. Miller is an excellent diagnostician who saved my life many times over a twenty-year period. IShe is a loyal doctor who truly cares about her patients. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a family doctor.

Oct 3rd, 2010

I like Dr. Miller. I recomend her to my friends and family. I feel better than I did before I went to her.

Sep 14th, 2010

Dr Ruth Miller was so unique in her willingness to help me. I have been hoping and praying to find a Dr that would really be willing to find a way to help me get better. Dr Miller had healthy ideas to help me lose weight or supported me in my plan so long as it was healthy. She doesn't prescribe addicting drugs for weight loss or pain, but she works with her patients to get better. Any one who says bad things about this doctor must either want drugs or they are so selfish and impatient that they won't even let Dr Miller help them. She is willing to let me try supplements to lower my cholesterol and tryglicerides and monitor my progress. I highly recommend Dr Ruth Miller.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
by A very pleased and healthy patient on Jun 13th, 2010

I initially went to Dr. Miller because of a car wreck where I hurt my back. I had been to another D.O. but it was a terrible experience. When I first saw her, I didn't think that she would be able to help me because of her being so petite. However, I couldn't have been more wrong. Her manipulation skills were incredible, and just what I needed to get me back on my feet. I am very grateful to her for all of her skills and care that she continued to give me until I was healed. I have also now gone to her for overall family care. I love the fact that her office is very inviting. You feel like you are at a spa upon entering. She makes you feel very comfortable as if you are chatting with a friend. I appreciate the way she goes above and beyond to get me and my family back in shape. She is a very caring doctor with a vast amount of knowledge. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  so many problems without help  |  show details
May 28th, 2010

I went to Dr Ruth Miller in Tulsa and she was fantastic. She was kind and compasionate and knew her stuff. She really is willing to listn and help. I would definitely recommend Dr Miller.Her office is so peacefule like going to your best friend's house.

|  BEST BIOIDENTICAL HORMONE DR  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2010

Dr Miller really takes time and listens to find the best way to help.She is well trained and up to date on medicine as well as more advanced training in bioidentical hormone theray. I highly recommend Dr Ruth Miller.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2010

Dr Miller is the most unique, caring doctor I've ever seen. Her office is like going to a friend's house it is friendly and comfortable.

|  Worse HRT doctor  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2009

Appointments over 3 months waitOnce you get in, wait is over 2hrs.Doctor is self serving and doesnt listen.When ask a question, it is ignored.Leaves you in waiting room for over hour.Doesnt know up-to-date medical/science.Office is like a Grandmothers house.Pushes herbal and non-FDA pills.Is an outdated, rude, non-caring physician who shouldnt be practices medicine.

|  Caring but late  |  show details
by jtreseder on May 1st, 2008 on kudzu.com

Dr. Miller is a wonderful doctor. She really listens to her patients and gives them a lot of her time. The downside--I have been twice and both times she was running over 1 hour late on appointments! Her facility is nice and new and her staff is very friendly.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com