A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruth Atkinson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkinson
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkinson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Atkinson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkinson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Atkinson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
- St Vincents East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ruth C Atkinson MD is a female Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Ruth C. Atkinson practice?
- Dr. Ruth Atkinson has 1 office location.
Dr. Ruth Atkinson practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists, Birmingham Hematologists, and Birmingham Oncologists.