A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruth Crane Atkinson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Crane Atkinson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Crane Atkinson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Crane Atkinson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
- St Vincents East
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Crane Atkinson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 5 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans