Learn more about Dr. Ruth Atkinson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Atkinson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Atkinson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Atkinson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Atkinson graduated from Louisiana State University at Shreveport.
Dr. Atkinson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Brookwood Medical Center
- St Vincent's Birmingham Hospital
- St Vincents East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Ruth C Atkinson MD is a female Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Ruth C. Atkinson practice?
- Dr. Ruth Atkinson has 1 office location.
Dr. Ruth Atkinson practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Internists, Birmingham Hematologists, and Birmingham Oncologists.