Overall Review

August 4th, 2016
RN
I would like to see this doctor, but will never know, and if things don't change she may not have a practice! I am an RN and just moved here from Pittsburgh. I have nothing to say against her, as I have never met her. I need a doctor, asap, as I am almost out of BP meds. My son, who is almost 18 is ready to move onto an adult doctor as well. I have been on medical assistance for the past 10 years and at home because I was caring for my terminally ill husband and our two kids at home so I have not worked in the hospital setting for quite awhile. Unfortunately I recently had to place him in a long term care facility as I could no longer care for him by myself. We have no family in the area, and I did it for as long as I could, stuck in a slum in Pittsburgh on just his SSI and welfare. Right after we placed him the kids and I moved out here to a nice, safe, clean home with the help of good friends. I am looking for a job that I can walk to for now, and to eventually get my license re instated, but I do not have a car, and have not for my entire marriage as we could never afford one. That is why I was hoping for a nearby doctor that I could get to on foot, and for now I want a job to at least get started on, that I can reach on foot. My husband suffers from Mitochondrial disease. I do not expect Dr Martin to have a clue what that is, as professors at three universities had no clue, it took us about 15 years to get a dx, and that is why I am stuck on SSI and not disability. However I would encourage her to look it up. As an RN I had never heard of it either but now know more than I ever wanted to. Anyway I walked into your office, smiled at how "old and down home" it felt, and waited patiently for your receptionist. She came out and I asked for an appointment. She asked what insurance I have and she said "We do not take UPMC." That right there is a lie on the Healthgrades website as this is what is listed there: 5 Insurance Carriers Accepted* CHAMPVA Commercial Insurance Company CoreSource Coventry Health Care UPMC Health Plan I asked "Why not?" and was told that you were blocked. I said "Well, okay, do you take West Penn Allegheny?" Thinking I could just make a call and change it, as I think it may be still "open enrollment". She informed me that "We don't take anything, this is a "cash practice" (or is it just medicaid you are too good for?)? I said "Well what do you take? I am looking for and plan to get a job, I want to know as I am shopping for insurance!" She just waved her arms and said "There is a UPMC doctor over there and over there and..." or something like that. Um hello, some of us are not wealthy enough to own cars. As I said, I have been providing health care to my husband, and yes, dealing with the evil UMPC giant myself for the past ten years. I can relate to that, I get it. I dealt with it every day. I had to watch my husband put in a hospice inpatient unit with a medical director that hated us, and now he is stuck with an indwelling foley that they cannot take out in the nursing home because he is dependent on it and they were too lazy to take it out once he was able to be with it enough again to know when he had to go, I did not want that hospice unit. I told them how that director felt about us and did not have our best interest at heart, but it was not WPH's "open enrollment" so we had NO other choices. They own it all, so I get it, believe me, but I am not the enemy here. Please do not take it out on me. I have been through 10-15 years of pure heck. More if you count wondering what was wrong with my husband and no one believing him or wanting to treat him because the HMO's would not grant referrals and "pre authorization" so now I and my kids get denied care??? Because YOU care???? Um, yeah.

March 8th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Martin for over 20 years. I would recommend any friend or family member to her care.

February 25th, 2015
Really caring treatment
Genuine care or interest. Have been seeing this doctor for over 20 years

February 20th, 2015
Dr Martin is like one of those old fashioned Drs who actually care about each patient and take the time to get to know them. I actually travel from kittanning just to see her..there are many Drs closer to me..but none that compare to her

January 30th, 2015
Thank you Dr.Martin
Dr.Martin gave me my life back, and I will forever be greatful to her.

January 28th, 2012
a really fine family doctor
My wife and I, and my mother, have been going to Dr. Martin for over thirty years. We've always been confident in her diagnoses and, what's even more remarkable, she doesn't "over-prescribe" and and she doesn't "overtest". It's obvious that she keeps up with the literature, though; every time I visit her office I learn something new. Her office is modest, as are her fees. She listens carefully to our suggestions and is very clear about rejecting those she considers medically unsound.We always feel good when we've had a visit with her. We also use several specialists whose skills we admire and whom we like as people, but in Dr.Martin we seem to have one of the last great family doctors of an earlier age of medicine.