Dr. Ruth Demonteverde MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 19th, 2014
She absolutely knows what she's doing.

January 23rd, 2013
Steer clear
My daughter is 16 years old and we just stated seeing Dr. Demonteverde. Huge mistake! Over the years I have taken my child to several different doctors and this was by far the coldest doctor she has ever seen. No bedside manner to speak of. It truly seemed as if my child was just another number to her. If you want a doctor that genuinely cares for your child, follows up and listens to your needs then this is the wrong place!

December 28th, 2011
We have been seeing this Dr for well over 10 years for both our boys Her practice has gotten too busy and she accepts to many new patients. I have literally arrived at 3 and have not left until well past closing. Her bedside manner is poor and has deteriorated thru the years.

October 14th, 2011
Missed my child's autism
I don't care if we had to wait a ridiculous amount of time for a visit provided that we get more than 10 minutes of the doctor's time. She had seen my son for at least 5 separate occasions and never noticed that he may have autistic behaviors: how could she when she has spent less than 1 hour total over the visits my son had with her over the past 1.5 years? When we brought up our concerns with his speech delay she told us he was just a late talker and not to worry about it. I took my son back to another pediatrician and she immediately diagnosed him with autism -- for her it was obvious.

September 7th, 2011
waiting waiting waiting
We have seen Dr. D for over 2 years now, each time - regardless of whether I made an appointment months in adcance or whether I had a sick child and had to come the same day, I've waited between 35 minutes and almost 70 minutes before seeing the doctor. The overweight nurse is only nice sometimes - other times is grumpy and clearly unhappy with her job. While Dr. D is a nice doctor, approachable and seems knowledgeable, she is not worth the wait. We've finally given up - feeling like there is just an overall lack of respect for the children and their parents in the office, and frankly, my children deserve better.

February 17th, 2011
She saved my son's life
When my now 4 year old son was less than 3 months old, I took him to see her because he wasn't eating (bottle), had a very weak cry and overall didn't seem right. I thought he had a sore throat, within minutes she diagnosed him with infant botulism and had him rushed to Millers Childrens hospital (where they were know to treat this). He went into ICU and all the Dr. at the hospital said if it weren't for her excellent diagnosis he could have died as this is a very rare and hard to diagnose illness. I highly recommend her!

July 20th, 2009
Very friendly, caring doctor
I have been seeing Dr. Demonteverde for my three children for about one year. She is very friendly and good with my kids. She is able to put them at ease and makes their appointments less stressful for them, especially my oldest who is always afraid she will have to get a shot and hates the doctor's office. The wait in the office is usually about 15 minutes or less, although I have had to wait an hour. The receptionist at the front desk is very nice. She accomodates my schedule and I am always able to make an appointment even if I call the same day I need an appointment (like if my kids are sick). The only complaint I have is that the nurse is not always as nice as I would like her to be. The nurse seems to have good days and bad days; some days she is happy and smiling and others she seems to be annoyed at her job. The nurse seems to respond better when I am overly friendly with her first, then she seems nicer to me. But Dr. Dementeverde is great!

June 16th, 2009
Awful, Awful, Awful
We waited an hour for our appointment and finally had to leave to get my son to work. The supervising nurse (obese, likely diabetic) was RUDE -- snapped at my daughter, THREW her papers at me when I dared say something about waiting AN HOUR for our appointment.