Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 3.2051282051282 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful  |  show details
by Ashley on Apr 2nd, 2014

Dr Fredericks is an AMAZING woman! I have been seeing her for almost thirteen years. She is very brilliant and takes up and talk to you about your problem fir as much Time as you need. You may have to wait your turn to see her, but it is worth it! She is wonderful and very sweet! Her and her staff and great.

by Stacy on Jul 22nd, 2013

have been a patient with spinal problems for 20 years. I started having neck pain and my orthopedic specialist knew my problem was neurological and referred me to Dr. Fredericks. I have been seeing her over a year and the wait time to initially see her was a few months and I complained to my orthopedic specialist he said, "Wait I promise you it will be worth the wait, there is not a better neuro that I would refer you to." I trust his medical opinion especially since I have been seeing him 20 years. Dr. Fredericks IS WORTH THE WAIT! She is just wonderful! I had the worst neck and head pain you could imagine. She IS very direct with me. I have Dystonia and stress causes me pain. When my pain is CHRONIC and I am in tears, she will say, "What you are doing differently?" She listens. She is not a doctor who will give you tons of narcotic type pain medication and the problem is still there. She medicates accordingly and that let's me know that she cares about my well-being. I have heard people say they take medication that makes them drowsy and can hardly work. She does not medicate like that. She takes your lifestyle in mind. I want to be pain free while working a 8-5 job and she takes care of me, so that I can work and have an active lifestyle. If my Dystonia gets more active she changes the medication. She knows what will work! She has an excellent rapport with pharmaceutical reps and will give you samples before spending money on something that does not work. She is a very busy doctor, so do not get aggravated with the wait time. I promise she is WORTH THE WAIT.

|  Dr. Fredricks  |  show details
by Hank on Jun 17th, 2013

I have to tell you I am writing this review to counter the very few negative ones. First let me say Dr. Fredrick's is a brilliant woman. Yes the wait sometime is long both in the outer office and the exam rooms but the care she gives is second to none. New patients must adjust to the wait time, they are long because she is either a one of the hospitals she is connected to or working with patients. I have never heard a complaint about how much time she spends with us. The reason it is such a busy office is the quality care she and her staff provide. Bedside manner is subjective, people going to Dr. Fredrick's usually have serious problems and may not want to hear what is being said. She is direct but very accurate in her comments, some folks just can't take that. However, she has always been most pleasant with me and my family. You must choose shorter wait time or a Dr. that knows her stuff. I am preparing to move back home to the east coast but I will return to Mississippi and see her annually regardless of cost or wait time.

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR  |  show details
May 7th, 2013

THE OFFICE WAIT IS WORTH IT. I VALUE HER KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE. SHE HAS HELPED ME TREMENDOUSLY!!!!!!!

Mar 20th, 2013

She's Great and careing

Feb 28th, 2013

As far as knowledge and experience, I don't think she has an equal. I would wait as long as it took to see her for the peace of mind I receive. I haven't found her to order needless tests; only what she feels is necessary to give an accurate diagnosis. The only problem I have is with the follow through from her staff. You can never get tthe nurse or anyone else, for that matter, so you have to leave a message. I get very frustrated waiting for a call back. I've been waiting a week now for someone to call me back to set up an appt for me with another MD Dr. Fredericks referred me to. I have called them and left 3 messages but still am waiting for a call.

|  BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER SEEN!  |  show details
Oct 5th, 2012

Dr Fredericks was the fourth doctor I saw for my problem .. and the only doctor I saw who diagnosed me correctly and began treatment from which I have dramatically improved. Dr Fredericks is very busy, but never makes me feel rushed. She listens, answers questions, and is compassionate and brilliant. In my opinion she is the best in her field and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else. She is worth the wait however long that may be. At my first visit I came out and told my husband, "Finally, I have seen a REAL doctor!" So often now doctors don't even touch you when they see them ... not Dr Fredericks ... she examines me thoroughly every time. Love her and am thankful that God allowed her to be my doctor.

|  AWESOME  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

WHEN I WENT TO SEE DR FREDERICKS I KNEW I WAS A WORK IN BUT I FIGURED IF SHE WAS KIND ENOUGH TO WORK ME IN (AS BUSY AS SHE IS) I COULD HAVE PATIENCE WITH HER. THE STAFF COULD NOT HAVE BEEN NICER, THEY WERE ALL CARING AND COMPASSIONATE. WHEN I HAVE TO SEE DR FREDERICK I WILL WAIT AS LONG AS NEEDED TO SEE HER BECAUSE SHE IS WORTH THE WAIT. SHE IS AWESOME IN MY BOOK.

|  choose another  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

for the number of neuros. out there, choose another. Time waiting is awful. Time she spends with you is awful. Bed side manners is awful. She is a smart dr. so....you decide...is it worth it???

Jul 17th, 2012

many of my patients are under the care of dr. fredirks,,, the best of care you can get! i am a nurse / private duty

Apr 23rd, 2012

Waiting time was 2 hours for my 1st visit, but well worth it. She takes time with you, listens to you, is very knowledgeable in the area and there was not a single person in the waiting room who gave her any thing less than the highest praises! And - you've got to hand it to her - she works weekends too and sees her patients in the hospital. Don't know any other doctor who does this with the workload she has.

|  4 hour wait, one minute exam.  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

Waited four hours in waiting room, for her to run in, talk down to me like im a fool, then run out. ordered a bunch of tests that cost me a fortune. didnt do nothing.

Dec 12th, 2011

She is one physician that is certainly worth the wait!!I am a Practice Administrator so I have experience "on both sides of the fence". Patients need to understand that the nature of her speciality requires the attention she devotes to each and every patient. While some patients see drug reps coming/going with lunch, yes, the doctor and staff have to eat and taking a few minutes in the office is better than leaving for an hour. This rep is also leaving samples for patients to try/use when they can't afford to buy the drug. Also, phone calls from other physicians/hospitals regarding other patients have to be factored in to the waiting time. If you or one of your family members needed her, you would certainly want her to take the time to respond. Dr. Fredericks is certainly the one of, if not the best in her field.

Aug 31st, 2011

great doctor but the waiting time is awful...patients have very hard time sitting for the amount of time visits require....be prepared to wait an hour or more AFTER arriving before you think about being seen

|  Terrific doc but the line is long  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2011

Dr. Fredericks knows so much about all aspects of neurology. She listens to each and every word that you say, and she knows what to do to help. You might be in the waiting room for a while, but the wait is worth it.

|  The Best  |  show details
by Dennis D Deskin on Mar 25th, 2011

I was diagnosed with MS 30 years ago.I have seen many Doctors in regards to my medical problems.Dr, Ruth, by far is the BEST Dr, I have ever been to in my entire life.Her compassion supersedes anything, or anyone I have ever seen

|  Best doctor I ever had. She is compassionate,and knowledgeable  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2011

Dr. Fredericks treated me for several years while I struggled with my Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis. 10 years later I was DX. with Breast Cancer. Although she was not the physician for my cancer she still took the time to listen to me and the support I recieved from her will never be forgotten. I now live in New Mexico and there has not been one doctor that has come close to the knowledge and compassion that she continues to bring in her patients lives. If I were to move back to. Miss. She would be one of my first stops

Jan 20th, 2011

very personable, intelligent. would highly recommend. thank you Dr. Fredericks!

|  Doctor to busy  |  show details
by Unhappy patient on Oct 14th, 2010

Dr. Fredricks and St. Dominics Hospital may work good together but they don't work good with patients. We had a bad experience with both.

|  Waited four hours...  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

Had an appointment at 9am, arrived at 830 am to fill out paperwork. I waited and waited and waited... At noon I asked what was the problem. Her office staff said, "Yeah, well we are always busy.." and blew me off completely. At one oclock, I learned that a drug rep had brought her lunch and that they had "taken a break." I gave up and left. I would not recommend her to anyone.

|  A Doctor For the Patient  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2010

Dr. Fredericks will do whatever she can to help her patients, be it emotional support, insurance help, social security help. God tapped her to be a doctor.

by E Liddell on Sep 1st, 2009

There are not many Doctors that I have met like her. Wait, no there are not any other Doctors like her. She is GREAT.

by Allison Shivers on Nov 11th, 2008