Dr. Ruth Fredericks MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Jackson, MS

September 6th, 2016
Former patient
I have moved back home to South Carolina and boy do I miss Dr. Ruth! I have looked and looked for a neurologist that comes close to her and have been sadly disappointed. Ready to call her for a 8 hr drive to Mississippi to see her. Yep long wait times but worth the wait trust me. Here short wait times but the concern and care is just not the same so far. Mississippi is very lucky to have her, and boy do I miss the care I was getting.

April 22nd, 2016
Excellent doctor. Truly cares for her patients.

March 28th, 2016
Waited 3 hours for a two minute visit.
Waited in her waiting room for 3 full hours. My appointment was a 1:30pm, I arrived at 1:15. At 4:25 I was escorted to a room where Dr Fredericks walked in, said she would change my medicine and walked out. And then charged my insurance the highest level possible. She did not actually lay a finger on me, touch, or examine me in any way! Wont go back.

November 28th, 2015
The staff was very friendly nice. Dr Ruth Fredricks was very nice and kind and sweet a good doctor

September 4th, 2015
I saw her once. Got a MRI and EEG done then could not get another appointment not would anyone call me back!!! I called for almost two months. I had to leave messages and my calls were NOT returned.

September 3rd, 2015
A very uncaring doctor who is over booked with patients. My few appointment lasted less than 5 minutes. She may be a good doctor.....but if you cant see her what good is she. YES I am on to another doctor who is not overbooked. She is not the only neurologist in Jackson, MS!!!

May 23rd, 2015
We are so fortunate to have such as wonderful Doctor like her here in MS. She is amazing.

May 13th, 2015
SUPER DOCTOR
MY WIFE AND MYSELF HAVE BEEN SEEING DR FREDERICKS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY PROFESSIONAL AND AT THE SAME TIME VERY CARING. HAS REALLY HELPED MY WIFE WITH MIGRAINE HEADACHES. THE INTENSITY AND FREQUENCY HAVE REALLY DECREASED! AS FOR ME MY WEIGHT DROPPED FROM 205 TO 142 AND SEVERAL OTHER DOCTORS COULD NOT FIND THE PROBLEM. DR FREDRICKS PUT ME IN ST DOMINECS AND FOUND THE PROBLEM IN 2 DAYS (MALIGNATE HODGKINS LYMPHOMA) SURGERY AND CHEMO STOPPED IT IN ITS TRACKS.T TIME TO SEE HER CAN BE A LITTLE LONG BUT SHE IS WORTH THE WAIT. I OWE HER THE LAST 6+ YEARS OF MY LIFE!

April 15th, 2015
Dr. Fredericks is THE BEST neurologist!! She spends SO much time with me at my appts~ always caring, talks to me not at me~ fabulous bedside manner. She was with me constantly when I had brain surgery last year. I honestly do not know what I would do without her! LOVE HER!

February 3rd, 2015
Dr. Fredericks is great and the office staff is very friendly and professional. The only complaint I have - if it's a complaint - is the length of time you have to wait when you get there. My normal wait is 2+ hours depending on the time of my appointment. I know Dr. Fredericks has a lot of really sick patients to care for, so I go prepared to wait.

April 2nd, 2014
Wonderful
Dr Fredericks is an AMAZING woman! I have been seeing her for almost thirteen years. She is very brilliant and takes up and talk to you about your problem fir as much Time as you need. You may have to wait your turn to see her, but it is worth it! She is wonderful and very sweet! Her and her staff and great.

July 22nd, 2013
have been a patient with spinal problems for 20+ years. I started having neck pain and my orthopedic specialist knew my problem was neurological and referred me to Dr. Fredericks. I have been seeing her over a year and the wait time to initially see her was a few months and I complained to my orthopedic specialist he said, "Wait I promise you it will be worth the wait, there is not a better neuro that I would refer you to." I trust his medical opinion especially since I have been seeing him 20+ years. Dr. Fredericks IS WORTH THE WAIT! She is just wonderful! I had the worst neck and head pain you could imagine. She IS very direct with me. I have Dystonia and stress causes me pain. When my pain is CHRONIC and I am in tears, she will say, "What you are doing differently?" She listens. She is not a doctor who will give you tons of narcotic type pain medication and the problem is still there. She medicates accordingly and that let's me know that she cares about my well-being. I have heard people say they take medication that makes them drowsy and can hardly work. She does not medicate like that. She takes your lifestyle in mind. I want to be pain free while working a 8-5 job and she takes care of me, so that I can work and have an active lifestyle. If my Dystonia gets more active she changes the medication. She knows what will work! She has an excellent rapport with pharmaceutical reps and will give you samples before spending money on something that does not work. She is a very busy doctor, so do not get aggravated with the wait time. I promise she is WORTH THE WAIT.