A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruth Freeman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ruth Freeman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Freeman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.
She has special expertise in 3 Areas, including General Endocrinology Menopause Osteoporosis & Bone Health, General Endocrinology & Metabolism Menopause Metabolic Bone Disease, and Metabolic Bone Diseases.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Freeman graduated from Yeshiva University, Bronx. She has 3 awards.
Dr. Freeman has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center: Moses Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Freeman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 2 plans
- Health Plus - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- Healthfirst - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Humana - 5 plans
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ruth G. Freeman practice?
Dr. Ruth Freeman practices Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Obstetrics & Gynecology, and Reproductive Endocrinology near Bronx, NY.
See Bronx Internists, Bronx Endocrinologists, and Bronx Obstetricians & Gynecologists.