Dr. Ruth Gettes MD Patient Reviews

3.1

July 1st, 2016
Having seen her for several years and read some of the reviews it is apparent she has had her friends write them. My experience was she lacked confidence and always seemed to want to discuss her own problems on my dime. She totally misdiagnosed my conditions as I learned two Dr's later and she mismedicated me. I was going to go to the licensing board but just moved on. In this instance caveat emptor applies. Good luck all

February 10th, 2016
Brilliant, pragmatic, compassionate, professional--Dr. Ruth Gettes is outstanding in every category I can think of relevant to her profession.

October 7th, 2015
I have seen Dr. Gettes for 14 years. During that time, she has worked with me on medications as well as being my therapist throughout the years. I have bipolar illness and because of Dr. Gettes, I am a well adjusted person, who has surpassed obstacles that astound my family and friends and also now I lead a very rewarding life. Thank you for being the caring and very efficient dr. you are ( and in my youth I saw a lot of different psychiatrist!)

September 25th, 2015
Best Dr. I have had! She is thorough , compassionate , Science driven and does what is best for her patients. I would and have recommended her to family, friends or anyone who is looking for care.

September 24th, 2015
Previous to seeing Dr Gettes, my daughter was seeing a pediatric neurologist. We had been going for two year for ADHD, and the med still weren't right for her, once we changed to Dr Gettes it was within 3 months that my daughter was doing better than ever! We now have been with Dr Gettes for about 2 yrs and she is wonderful!!

August 15th, 2015
Problematic
This doctor has such deep seated emotional problems that it handicaps her in both her diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities. After visiting with her it was obvious she wanted to chat about her various problems and not mine.

August 3rd, 2015
I have been a patient for quite awhile. She's the best. But better than that......she has saved me emotional pain through understanding. I have no doubts she will help you.

May 30th, 2015
Wonderful caring doctor. Very skilled with medication management. I suffer from PTSD and severe anxiety and with her help I was able to continue to work and help my family thrive. I will always be grateful to her.

May 28th, 2015
Finally living a peaceful, contented & healthy life!
I am mentally and physically a whole person living the happy life I always knew was out there for me to experience only because of the extensive work I have done with Dr. Ruth Gettes. Being an MD, she combined her knowledge of both psychology and biology to successfully diagnose and treat me. I will be forever grateful for her dedication in helping me to overcome what I once thought were insurmountable barriers to happiness.

May 27th, 2015
Very caring and warm. Looks outside the box more than the average psychiatrist.

April 23rd, 2015
Truth
Doctor has many deep seated emotional problems which affects diagnostic ability

February 19th, 2013
Incompetent
Two of my teenagers were briefly patients here - both were mis-daignosed and mis-treated, based on what is now over 2 years of therapy and treatment experience with several other competent mental health professionals. The worst of these bad experiences was with my 13-year old daughter, who had a severe adverse reaction to the anti-depressant medication prescribed, which caused her blood pressure to drop precipitously and for her to become extremely lethargic. Once we figured out what was happening and reported the side effects to Dr Gettes, she basically said she should stay on the meds and just fight her way through it. She also totally mis-diagnosed her as having ADHD, which no mental health professional or teacher ever indicated was an issue, she has had no ADHD symptoms her entire life. WIth our 17-year old son, she diagnosed his depression as being the result of a traumatic relationship experience, and as a result, wanted him to undertake some kind of post-traumatic therapy in which she specialized (bascially wanted to sell us something else) - her diagnosis again was totally off-base. And all these diagnoses were almost instantaneous, after one or two visits. I thought her treatment of our children, particularly our daughter, was borderline malpractice. I know it can be difficult to find the right pyschiatrist or psychologist for wahtever your situation is, but there are reasonably competent mental health professionals out there, please stay away from this one.