Dr. Ruth Higdon MD Patient Reviews

3.4

November 22nd, 2014
Very glad to have been referred to Dr. Higdon!
First of all, I must state that I hardly ever see doctors, it has to be pretty serious to get me in the door. (I hate having a doctor not acting interested when I do go, and it takes me awhile to get up the nerve to try another one.) I had never before had a surgery. So when I had some strange post-menopausal symptoms my new GP (that I only had gone to once before) sent me to an OB-GYN that I had never been to. She diagnosed me with a large ovarian tumor and referred me to Dr. Higdon. I immediately felt comfortable with Dr. Higdon and her staff. She told me exactly what my problem was. She explained to me what the surgery would entail, and my options for chemo and oncological treatment afterward. My hysterectomy went well, and Dr. Higdon took the time to go speak to my family to let them know what was happening and put them at ease. During my post-operative hospital stay she stopped by regularly and made sure I was doing alright, I felt she was more interested in my well-being than some of the nurses there were. I healed from the surgery fairly quickly, and I feel that her skill as a surgeon contributed to that. I have been doing a large part of my follow-up with Dr. Higdon and have no complaints, she is always straight with me about my condition and what should be happening. Plus, she has a good sense of humor! I intend to keep seeing Dr. Higdon as long as I need to.

May 17th, 2014
Sick in Colorado
Only works part time. Not a way to treat people with cancer. Curt and uncaring. Rude staff

January 14th, 2014
Bad Doctor
Mean!!! People with cancer need a fulltime doctor. Here and gone. Does NOT call back when says. Find a better doctor that cares

October 2nd, 2013
Colorado Patients
Puts up a thin front, but uncaring and unprofessional. Talks down; it is about her and what she wants. Would not want her to care for any ill person with cancer!!! Only available every other week. Not a schedule for sick people but for her. Flippant with poor attention to detail and accuracy. NOT GOOD!!!

May 3rd, 2012
I have been in quite a few hospitals and surgeries in my life. I have never been treated so disgustingly by a DR in my life and will make sure I do my homework if I ever need a surgeon. I have had not one ounce of follw up care after a full hysterectomy with supposed CANCER on my uterus...This Dr never once bothered to return urgent calls...treated me like dollar bil. (50,000 dollar bill)

October 2nd, 2010
Dr. Higdon is my Dr. I feel we are blessed to have her in Alaska. She is beyond exellent- she was very accurate in diagnosing my condition . She helped put me at ease and gave me hope in a very terrible time in my life.I would not be here today if it was'nt for her!