Dr. Ruth Kozlowski DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 16th, 2016
No matter what time appointments are made, prepare for an hour wait. She has never spent more than 3minutes with me and forgets to write scripts. You will be rushed if you see her. At least 5 persons are booked at the same time

May 19th, 2014
incompetant office staff
Would love to review Dr Kozlowski but can't get in to see her. After waiting 5 weeks for an appointment they cancelled me and expected me to wait an additional 5 weeks for another appointment. Ridiculous way to run a business. I surely hope Dr Kozlowski is aware her office staff is turning patients away.

May 6th, 2014
Please Choose your Doctor Carefully
I waited some time before writing this review because I, in all honesty, wanted to be fair to her and her office. I left her practice angry and did not want to write the review in that state of mind. With that said....look around before you choose to see this doctor. She simply seemed to have little to no respect for me as a person and barely had any for me as a patient. She spoke too quickly, even after being asked more than once to slow down. She made it perfectly clear her time was much more important than mine and, therefore, she should not have to slow down if I wanted to jot down notes or ask follow up questions. She ordered every test in the book, often giving absolutely no valid reason why those tests were needed to deal with the issue I came in for. Honestly, I don't think I have ever had so many X-rays, ultra sounds and EKGs. They handed them out like Halloween candy. However, as horrible as all that sounds, it was nowhere near enough to make me leave crying and in tears. Normally, I would just shrug her off, figure we were just a bad fit and go find someone a little more courteous with a little less of an exalted opinion of herself. Before coming in to see her I made it clear to her staff that I had a history of some severe health problems, a decade worth of brain surgeries that left me on quite a few medications, as well as Systemic Lupus and Fibromyalgia. With all that being said, I was ambushed by her office manager during my third or fourth appointment (I think I had come in for an upper respiratory infection) who promptly accused me of being a drug seeking liar with a "history" of visiting doctors in three states to fill prescriptions for pain meds. Needless to say, I was more than a little confused, not to mention embarrassed. I asked her what she was talking about and she showed me a printout of my past history of medication usage and who prescribed them and where they were fillled. Now, we won't even go into how amazing a violation of my privacy that felt like. I would have given them that info or permission to get it, but they could have at least asked! I pointed out that two of those docs were my neurosurgeons over the last five years, one was my primary care doc (my old one...man, I wish he still was!), one was his PA, one was my dentist (prescribed Codeine for abscessed tooth) and two were supposedly "prescribed" and filled in Nashville and Indiania, two places I have never even been, let alone seen a doctor. I then pointed out that I had explained my health history prior to ever seeing the doctor and asked why, if she was so "concerned" did Dr. Kozlowski not approach me herself instead of sending in her manager to ambush me. Obviously, the manager was a bit flustered. She said, "Well...umm...we can certainly check and if you really haven't been to those places I guess we can still see you here as long as you know, the doctors here won't prescribe anything." Really? Gee, thanks! I am so glad to hear that when you see that I'm not the big fat liar you just accused me of being that you will still deign to treat me. As if I would feel comfortable trusting anyone at that office with my health again! Now, I understand there are people who do use Drs. offices as their own personal pharmacies and I understand doctors need to be careful these days. What I don't understand is a doctor's office that has so little concern for me as a human being that not ONCE did anyone sit down with me and voice their concern for me and what I might have been going through to lead to that kind of behavior. Not once did she or her staff say, "Hey, this has come to our attention and we are worried about you. Do you want to talk about it?" Nope. Not. Once. Now, obviously, their concern would have still been misplaced because that wasn't what was happening but I sure would have respected Dr. Kozlowski and the people at her office for showing such care. Instead I was treated with more disrespect than I have ever encountered at a doctor's office. I was treated as less than a person really, not even a patient, but simply a potential threat to her medical licence that they could not get rid of fast enough. So, yeah, think really carefully before you make that first appointment here. And because, unlike them, I don't believe in the "ambush" I will also print and mail off a copy of this patient review to them. If for no other reason than so they can learn from their mistakes and maybe treat the next person with the dignity and respect that every person deserves. Although, honestly, I think Dr. Kozlowski will probably think her time is just too darn valuable to waste reading it.

December 29th, 2013
Not a good fit for me
Seems like a nice person, but she talks TOO fast. I only went to this doctor one time and I found that she is one of those people that quickly asks you questions and before you finish answering she is on to the next question. I found myself talking faster and faster just to keep up with her fast pace of talking. I need a doctor that is a bit calmer and easier to converse with. I was also troubled by the way she schedules appointments. I called the office and asked if she was taking new patients and the office said yes, so I tried to schedule my first appt. Instead of scheduling one, they had to ask her if she would like to see me. Huh? Never heard of that before. I did receive a call back shortly with an appt time.

April 5th, 2013
Excellent physician. Knowledgeable, quick-thinking, accurate and up to date, with exceptional expertise, empathy and compassion. Follows up closely on issues, meds and referrals, to provide continuity and coordination of care. Cares about patients as complete individuals in all aspects of health - including family, relationship and work stressors which affect physical and mental health, happiness and optimal functioning - not simply as a constellation of symptoms, or a diagnostic puzzle to solve and treat. She is not a doc who sits and engages in "small talk" ; but if you want a very well-trained, experienced, competent and caring physician, you will find all of these in Dr. Ruth / Dr. Koz.

February 22nd, 2013
dr ruth kozlowski's office expereince
I found her to be extremely caring, compassionate, followed up, worried about me. First Dr who ever diagnosed me properly , and I feel like a million bucks now. I noticed the bad reviews were obviously written by angry bitter people who did not get their way perhaps. I would put my life and my family's life in her hands any day. A true blessing in my life. Saved my life

August 5th, 2012
Think she's the best
Dxed RA in 2005. Went to Rheumy in Brighton and had a horrible experience. Thank goodness I gave Dr. Ruth a try. We have been a team through this journey and am thankful for her.

June 13th, 2012
Very rude and condescending and not helpful
horrible ability to communicate to patient. not caring does not allow patient to speak, ask questions etc.. she is extremely rude and short with patient. she does not explain or answer questions. worst doc i have ever seen.

January 27th, 2012
stay away from this woman
I would not recommend Ruth Kozlowski to anybody. She is rude, very rude and arrogant - interrupts while you ask questions or just leaves the room in the middle of your question. She cannot interpret simple X-rays or routine blood work. She is incoherent and her statements don't make sense. When I asked about a medication she said "I don't like it". When I asked that she explains if that means it is dangerous to take or if it there are side effects she knows of she kept repeating "i don't like it" "I don't like it - but if you like it, take it" - Like I said, she makes no sense. She finally said she cannot be my doctor because she doesn't like me and I give her bad vibes. After all this she demands to be paid for her "consultation". Stay away from her! She has some major, fundamental issues.

June 13th, 2011
I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone!!! Hands down the WORST experience I have EVER had with a docotr!My doctors office faxed over all of my medical records a week prior to my appointment which ended up getting lost because I was a new patient and didn't have a chart yet. The doctor was WAY more concerned about making it a point in letting us know that it was NOT HER fault as opposed to rectifying the situation, and then turning around and telling me she wasn't the doctor for me since we had gotten off to a bad start. Telling this to a patient who had waited weeks for this appointment and is in alot of pain and turning them away because of something their office messed up on. What a nightmare my experience with her was!!!

March 23rd, 2009
The best in Rheumatology
She is simply the BEST!!!

February 20th, 2009
peculiar
Dr. is peculiar, seems distracted or self absorbed.